Chapter 7

Though you had heard his order for you to not depart from the gardens, you wanted to get away from Alfred

Though you had heard his order for you to not depart from the gardens, you wanted to get away from Alfred. You were in no mood for his hen-pecking. It was becoming clear that he was too much like his mother. Much like Princess Judith, Alfred had the need to be in control of others to the point of suffocation.

"I asked you to desist from walking away!"

"Alfred, please stop speaking to me as if I have no autonomy." You replied as you stopped momentarily and glared at him. "I am not a servant nor a captive!"

You then turned on your heels again. Needless to say, your betrothed did not like your tone. Not only that, he wasn't done questioning you about your embrace with Sir Lancille. It was one thing for you to have a close relationship with your Attendants, however, he felt you were crossing the line. Basically, Alfred felt that your behavior showed a lack of respect toward him.

"I gave you a command, did I not?" He asked with his tone becoming firmer.

You inhaled deeply, trying your best to remember what you were going through this for

You inhaled deeply, trying your best to remember what you were going through this for. This was not about you in the long run. It was about your family's legacy and your dear Mother's justice. If nothing else was accomplished in your life, justice was the one thing you would attain. As her only child and daughter, it was your duty. So if you had to swallow bitter bile in order to fulfill that goal, you were willing to do so a hundred times over.

Stopping by some large bushes, you waited patiently as Alfred approached. His thick brows were furrowed as he considered you with a stern countenance.

"Y/N, please listen to me. I find no pleasure in speaking harshly to you." He said as he pulled you to him by the waist. His expression quickly softened. "But you are far too reckless. It was entertaining when we were children but we are now adults. Do you understand what I am trying to say?"

When you did not respond, Alfred turned you to face him, his arms still snaked around your waist. You averted your eyes from his gaze, choosing instead to focus on the flowers nearby.

Confused by your silence, Alfred observed you with a worried expression. Being lost in thought however, you were oblivious to the fact that you had begun trembling like a leaf. The feeling of imprisonment you had described to Lancille was even more present now.