book 3 | chapter 3

Na Jaemin's POV

The whole cab ride was quiet. She didn't utter a word and neither did I. I kept quiet because I knew once I open my mouth I'll ask questions I'm not supposed to ask at the moment.

'hey' she said and held my arm in her hand. 'yeah?' I asked.

'please don't treat me differently after you get to know me' she said softly but I heard her loud and clear. I chuckled which she frowned. 'okay okay I promise to treat you no different after I get to know you' I smiled which she nodded.

She turned the other way looking out the window where the road was busy and fulled with cars.

I just stared at her and everything in me felt warm instantly. How can someone's presence feel so assuring. I shook my head, what am I talking about.

After awhile we entered a quiet neighbourhood with big houses. She must be some rich persons' child, I thought.

'here we are' the cab driver said. She was about to pay for the fee but I didn't let her and paid for it instead. We both got out and headed to the big gate.

'so this is your home?' I asked. She turned around to face me and frowned. 'you promised to treat me no different right?' she said. 'I didn't?' I answered, and slightly questioning her back. 'good' she said softly and unlocked the gate and the front door.

The house is beautiful inside and outside, real talk. They have a good taste in designing the interior. I was just in awe as I look around. It looked so fancy and elegant—in conclusion it's really beautiful.

'can I come help you pack?' I asked looking at her.

I know she wouldn't want to be alone and I know she would feel burdened if I ask her whether she wants me to help her or not.

'yeah sure' she said softly. 'only if you want to' she quickly added. 'alright' I chuckled.

We climbed up the staircase to go upstairs. There were pictures along the stairs—pictures from a baby til an adult. 'who's all this?' I asked. 'that's all my pictures' she flushed red. 'you look cute when you were a baby' I chuckled trying to enlighten the atmosphere.

Which to no avail, since she just kept quiet and walked ahead. The upstairs looks even more beautiful compared to downstairs. It had like an aesthetic theme going on.

We went into a room which looks like a storage room since there's a lot of luggage bags.

'can you help me get that backpack up there?' she asked pointing at the backpacks on the upper rack. 'yeah which one is it?' i asked. 'the black one with the ribbon on the side' she said and pointing her hand towards the bag.

i didn't wait for her to move and just tiptoed to reach for the bagpack. 'here you go' i said and handed her the bagpack.

that's when i realized we were only an inch apart—as our breathes became one and as our eyes didn't leave each others eyes.

i felt the sparks—like there were fireworks litting up except she was the reason why the fireworks are litting up.

and at that exact moment, i knew—that she was now my responsibility.

all of her happiness, sadness, anger, excitement, mood swings are now my happiness, my sadness, my anger, my excitement and my mood swings.

'im ahyoung?'

'yes?'

'you are mine to keep now'

'is this literally all?' i asked sounding shocked by the amount of her clothes she packed. 'yeah?' she answered unsure. 'you only need one bag? no extra luggage?' i asked sounding more shocked. 'no?' she said.

'well okay then' i chuckled. 'most girls i knew packed a few bags everytime they go somewhere regardless of how long they are going for' i added which she frowned.

'what?' i chuckled.

'don't judge us as a whole just because some of us have our own different needs' she said continued frowning.

'okay i'm sorry' i said softly after seeing her frowning more intense.

and i made a note to myself to avoid making her frown because she looks scary frowning.

'alright we can go in a bit, i just need to take one more thing before we go. you can wait downstairs' she said so i took it as a cue for me to leave her which i did.

i sat on the couch and waited for her—glancing at my watch every ten seconds.

ten minutes had passed—what's taking her so long? , i thought.

without any second thoughts i climbed up the staircase again. i walked slowly into her room to find it was empty.

my breathe hitched and my heart stopped beating for a quick second. My mind flew towards the thoughts about all of the 'what ifs?' .

I glanced my eyes around the room and saw everything was still in place. I got out of her room and just stopped at my tracks when I heard someone's hiccup.

I carefully made my way to the door on her left side of her bedroom to find it empty. I went to the door across her room and there was a small space between the door and the wall and the hiccups became more audible towards my ears.

I slowly pushed the door open and saw her on the floor crying—hugging a frame.

My heart broke into two as I got near her. I crouched in front of her and opened my arms wide if she needed a hug.

Her eyes met mine and she quickly buried her head on my chest—the frame not leaving her arms. I wrapped my arms around her and held her carefully. Her silent cries automatically became loud as she poured all of her silent cries out of her system.