Chapter 33

Hi all,

Here comes "Chapter 33" of the novel My Angel Eyes.

As I write this novel, I just feel the need to add something which will give me scope to write a new novel based on the characters in it.. Hopefully I will manage do it :P

Enjoy ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Solange:

“Hecate?” I gasped aloud and came out of time loop I had entered on Irin’s request. My hands burnt as if set on fire. Hearing my cry of pain, Ralf immediately held my hand and his touch acted as a balm taking away the sting.

“What happened here Irin?”  Ralf directed his anger towards the young guardian.

“I am sorry my prince, it is my mistake. My request to see my past has caused the lady harm. I didn’t expect my request….” The poor guardian couldn’t stop the deep hurt he felt for having caused stressed to me. I walked up to the young guardian and held his hands letting him know he was not responsible for what had happened.

Ralf asked other guardians to help Irin to settle for the night, before taking my hand and walking towards the tent. Once inside, he held me in his arms hugging with the need that brought tears to my eyes. “Solange, what happened with Irin?”

“I saw her, Hecate. She was standing and watching when my father tried to help Irin’s father, but he attacked as if he didn’t have control over his body. But somewhere his soul was still alive and that refused to attack father. He struggled with himself to stop his killing spree, but someone was forcing his body to work against his wishes.”

“It has to be Hecate. When she was pardoned and warned away from Empyrean, she was not this strong. We had hoped she would repent and learn the right way, but she just seems to indulge more in black magic.”

“No no she was not the one who was controlling Irin’s father. It was somebody else. The power over him was not malicious although it wanted him to do violence, but Hecate seemed to control this someone who had this power.”

“How is that possible?”

“I don’t know how, but I could feel the footprint of the magic. This magic was controlling Irin’s father, but the malicious intent was not coming from Hecate. She has found someone to do her dirty work.”

“Seems that way, but how is she is involved with disturbing the peace in Empyrean, your somnolence and killing of Irin’s father. Where does it all lead to and why?”

“Most importantly how does it all lead back to Lucifer?” I asked trying to make sense of the situation

“Everything that has been happening at Empyrean is leading back to Lucifer and so is this. Let’s hope Uriel gets back as soon as possible.”

“Ralf, I need to tell you something.”

“What is it Solange?”

“I haven’t been completely honest with you. From young age, I have been able to read people; their thoughts emotions, and their past, when I touched them. In it all I was also able to track anything unnatural to humans. But a day before my eight birthday I was almost killed when I tried to trace back black magic. I reached the place of its origin to find a man performing a ritual and sacrificing a small boy. I do not know how I knew what he was doing or what I had to do, to stop him, I simply knew to summon my inner energy and this energy formed a blue ball in my end and directed it towards the man. He integrated into dust. I ran to the boy to help him, but the fear in his eyes towards me stopped me in tracks. Aunt Gretchen ran up to me along with some other. They all took us back to her house. I locked myself in my room and cried myself to sleep, thinking why I was different from other children. The next morning when I got up, I swore to stop using my gifts. Aunt Gretchen came to my room with breakfast when I refused to come down and join others. She said if not for me, they wouldn’t have found the boy, but I was still feeling guilty for some unknown reason. From that onwards I stopped using them and made myself believe that it was all nightmares. But when I was asked to take the thesis on angelology I was scared it would all come back, but father somehow convinced me this is what I was supposed to do. But I am glad he did, otherwise I would have never met him or learned about my mother, or met you.”