Put Your Pants On

~Mr. Heere POV
I need to help my son. I love this kid so much.

I will surprise him! I will put pants on and act like a dad. But I need help.

I grab my keys and head to Kohl's. As I choose between the selection of khakis I call the Mell house.

"Hello Mr.Garcia! How have you been?" I grab a few pairs and head to check out. "Oh that's wonderful. How is the Mrs?"

"$73.42" the cashier says. I hand her my bank card.

"Oh that is great! Is Michael there? I have a question about my son for him." She hands the card back with my receipt. "Thank you."

"Michael! The phone is for you!" Was yelled into the phone. I got back into my car. "Michael!" Mr.Garcia screams.

"Sir? Are you alright? Is everything okay?" I begin to panic. "Hello???" I can hear sobs in the back. "Dammit!" I hang up and try to call Jeremy. Ignored. Ignored. Ignored!

Where the hell did he go? Fuck...FUCK!! My first instinct was to go to the Mell's. I sped there as fast as I could, without breaking the law of course.

"Mr. Garcia????" I yell into the house. I walked up the stairs. I could hear sirens in the distance. "Oh-..." My breath was taken at the sight. I was choking on my words and emotions. Michaels Uncle was holding him in his arms. "I don't know where my son is. I thought he was with..." I stopped.

"They were at this boys house named Jake for a Halloween party." The girl with Mr. Garcia said While she handed me an envelope.

The sirens were out front. EMT's came running up the stairs to take Michael away.

"Oh Michael, you were all I had left."

I ran to the car to find Jakes house.

Jeremy. I called again. Ignored. Again, ignored. I could hear loud rock music, I followed it to a few blocks from where I was. I ran inside of the house.

"Ew get out old man!" Where is he.

"Has anyone seen my son?!" I yell. The music was too loud.

"Can someone help me please?!" I yell. Everyone looks at me. "I need to find Jeremy Heere!" The kids looked around.

"He left hours ago, dude." No. Why couldn't he just contact me? Am I that bad of a dad? He cant even tell me he wants to go out to a party.

I get back in to my car and sit there. He is going to regret this. He is going to regret leaving his friend. Why did he leave his best friend?

I go back to our house and I sit at the counter with a cup of coffee.

I wait.

I look outside the window and remember watching the two boys sit on their Game Boys outside when I told them to 'play outside'.

Two hours go by.

The door opens and closes. "Dad? What are you still doing up?" Jeremy asks surprised with nerves shaking his voice.

I look up at him with a red wet face. I handed him an envelope that the Mell's gave to me. "You ignored my calls."

Jeremy began to tremble.