Chapter 8: You Can't Save Them All

Lara POV

I shoot down the last guy in area. I take a deep breath. "For second there, it almost sounded like you can understand me." I look down at my right to see Rouge... talking. Again.

"Rouge... I can hear you talking." She looks surprised but looks forward. "Ok maybe I am hearing things." She looks at me. "It's weird, I never imagine you would have an accent but you do. But I guess this is a dream still." She doesn't believe me? How am I gonna convince her that I-, I think I know what to do.

I lean down and gently scratch her cat ears. "Oh that feels good." She purrs and I laugh. "Well I hope it does." I tell her and she looks at me. "A little to the left..." I scratch a little more and shed eyes widen. "You can understand me?!"

She backs away very surprised and I laugh a little. "Now you want to believe me?" She thinks it over and she walks over to me. I sit down as she gets closer. "I don't understand." "Me neither." I tell her.

"How... how is this possible?" Wish I knew the answer to that. She leans her head closer to mine. "Is it because we mated?" I feel my cheek burns thinking about yesterday. "M-Maybe." Her hands move to my chest making me moan lightly. "You are my first time." I tell her while I try to look away from her, but she keeps moving her face in front of me.

"First time? You meaning mating?" I nod while still blushing I bet. I look down to see her cock getting semi hard. "Rouge we don't have time for this." She purrs and grinds on me. "Just for a little..." She purrs again and her hands still on my chest making me moan again.

"Fine." She stops but she looks down to see her cock is hard. "How do I stop this?" Shit... should've guess this would happen. "You just need to think of something else." I tell her but she looks unsure. "But I like thinking about you." Stop making me feel this way! My cheeks can't take anymore of this!

June POV

"Ugh..." what happened to me? Where am I? I look around and I'm in something? "Sis!" I shake my head and I open them to see my little sister run over to me.

I sit up but it still hurts my head but I don't care. She jumps I it my arms and I hold her. "I'm sorry for leaving you." "It was scary!" She tightens her hold on me.

I sniff the air and I smell something that was similar to that one creature we found. The one Rouge likes. I look to see three animals I never seen before. Are they with Lara? That is her name right?

They start speaking in a launcher that I cannot understand. Wish there was a way to understand them. I hold my sister still, as I look out of this... thing that holds us. I see more of their kind and they have things on heir hands. It must be their weapons. But unlike me and my older sister, we got built in weapons.

"Eve, what happened? And where are the tiger cubs?" She tenses up. "I'm sorry sis... but their gone. All killed." They were what?!

Lara POV

After Rouge finally calmed down we continue our journey to save my friends. "Drop your weapon!" But unfortunately they got Grim. "Your kind Sure does love killing each other." Rouge says and she isn't wrong. "Don't fucking do it Lara!" The guy drags the blade across his neck, "Ok Ok! I'll put it down!" I can't let him die.

"Cat girl! Take care of her for me!" Grim fights back knocking the guy off him and killing the other with his own blade. "Grim!" I grab my bow and I was about to fire but then, it starts to collapse and Grim gets dragged down. "Nooo!"

Rouge POV

Holy shit! That old guy is crazy! I walk over to the edge and I can't see them. "That old man fought to the very end." I say backing up so I don't fall down. I look back at Lara. "Lara? Are you alright?" She shakes her head. I guess this is probably a first she had to witness death from a friend.

"I'm sorry, I really am." She still doesn't say anything but she has to snap out of it. "Lara look at me." I push her down to the ground. "Rouge-" "Listen! I understand what it's like to lose someone! Wether it's a friend or family. I know what it's like!" I lost my parents... and even my own race. Me and my sister are the last of our kind. "But I need you to pull it together and keep on fighting. That old man did it so you can rescue your kind."

She takes deep breath. "Your right. I'm sorry Rouge." I help her up to her feet. "Thank me later when you get your kind off the island."

We both look at where... her friend was, "Question." She looks at me. "I get that you can make it across." I look at her. "How the fuck do I make it across?"

June POV

Dammit! I punch the this stupid thing that I don't know the name of but fuck! "Sis calm down." Calm? How am I supposed to be calm when it's all my fault!

Because of me the cubs are dead and me and Eve are captured. How the fuck are we-, "grrrr." That is not normal. I look up the creatures and they appear to be looking at something on that small thing. What are they looking at.

No One POV

One Lara's friend, Alex. Mange to steal a phone from one the guards.

They check through the phone for some kind of help but the service is not very good. But they do find some old footage.

And what they found.

Is something that shouldn't be possible.

On this island, there's another animal here... a beast. Or rather...

 Or rather

A monster