Chapter 9: Trying to Escape

Rouge POV

Ok since I lost Lara... AGAIN!! I have to keep my word and rescue her friends from her own kind who held them captured. As well as my sisters. Since I now found out they've been taken!

"Sis! Rouge is here to save us!" I look up to see them both and I glare at them. "What the hell happened?! I gave you one job and you can't even do that! Do your ears even work in that body of yours?!" They both look down sad and guilt. I sigh. "Look I'm sorry for yelling, but what do you expect? I just can't-"

"The cubs are gone." What.... did you say. "Again." I look up to face June. "What did you just say about the cubs." She gulps.

"When I went back to the cave to check on Eve and the cubs. There was a puddle of blood. At first I thought it was Eve's, thankfully is wasn't. However she wasn't there and neither were the cubs. I was then knocked out by someone and everything turned black. When I finally woke up, I wake up to Eve in this ring with these animals I never seen before other than Lara. Eve then told me that she was knocked out as well.... but before that, she had to watch the cubs get killed."

Their.... their.... "Dead...." I say that word and it on in my head for a few minutes. All three of those cubs... that I worked so hard on taking care of are dead!

*flashback*

It was late at night, a stormy night in the cave with Rouge and her sisters. Eve plays with June as Rouge watch's them and the here cubs that climb and play with her.

She looks back to see one of them try to pounce on her tail. She moves her tail around so the little cub can't catch it. The other two climb on top of her back, one to get her tail, and the other purring as she rubs her head on her neck.

Rouge almost wants to smile but she goes back to watching her sisters play and outside the cave making sure Scar and the wolves don't attack.

"I'll protect you cubs... you'll grow up to be strong and powerful Tigers on this island."

*End Flashback*

"What did it Eve... what animal did you see?" She looks scared. "Eve-" "Rouge!"

I turns around and Lara comes over to me... smelling like she bathed in blood... ew. "Did you roll in blood like an animal?" I cover my nose. "It's a long story but I'll tell you later."

Her friends start talking to her and I can't understand them but only Lara. It's still weird... but that can wait later.

"I had some help." She tells her friends as she puts my head, making me purr a little. "Did you just purr?" "Shut up." She giggles and I find it a little cute... Wait that's besides the point!

"He... he didn't make it." She talks about her old friend that got dragged off the cliff. "But he went out swinging. And gave me a chance to get to you."

Ok how are we gonna get them out of here when the ground is shaking more than it should be. "Can you jump out?" June looks at Eve. "You can land on your feet right? Like cats do?" I look at Lara. "No. Then we wouldn't move our legs. That's just a myth." I move under the place where June is about Eve. "Don't worry I got you."

June drops our little sister and I catch her with my arms, I hold her tight. "I'm sorry Rouge... I'm sorry." She tells me while crying. "Me too." I look up at Lara. "I'll get your friends out of here, just save the other one your liking for." She was gonna argue but she saw deep in my eyes. "Just trust me, I'll get them to safety." She leans down and her lips touch my cheek. "Be carful, Please."

15 minutes later

Lara POV

This place is coming down.... so many explosions and fire that everyone that is trying to escape dies. I just hope Rouge is safe with my friends. I don't want to lose anymore people after Grim. "There's too much smoke!" "We're tr-" A few men were talking and trying to get a door open, only for them to get blasted away and burning alive in the fire.