Chapter 34

Chapter 34

"What?"

"Hide. You need to hide in the bathroom. Will is here outside the door."

I run around gathering up his clothes. I shove them in his arms, and try to pull him off the bed. He's reluctance is apparent.

"You want me to hide in the fuckin' bathroom?" His tone is less than encouraging.

"Ssh, keep your voice down, he'll hear you."

"I don't give a fuck," he says audible.

Oh no.

"Please, Ross. I can't let him find out this way. Not when he's come all this way to see me. I will tell him, soon. But not like this. Please." I try to urge him off toward the bathroom again.

Another knock. Louder, more insistent this time.

Ross glances in the direction of the knocking, then looks back to me giving me a hard, unforgiving stare.

I stare back with pleading eyes.

He gets to his feet and storms in the bathroom, shutting the door firmly behind him.

My head is an absolute mess.

I quickly make my way toward the door. Smoothing my hair down, I take a deep breath, then swing the door open.

"Surprise!" Will and Simone sing in unison.

"Arghh!" I cry out in fake-Oscar-worthy-surprise.

Will throws his arms around me, enveloping me into a big hug.

His scent washes over me, musky and minty, and I almost break down crying on the spot.

"God, I've missed you," he says, holding me tight.

"I missed you too," I murmur. I can't stop the tears that fill my eyes.

Guilty tears.

"You took your time answering the door." He holds me back, looking at me like he's drinking me in.

He looks so happy.

Oh God.

"Sorry, I was sleeping." I somehow manage to get the words out of my clotted throat.

"A late one huh?"

"Mmm."

Simone pushes her way in hugging me. I wrap my arms around her.

I'm so glad she's here.

Will moves past us, wheeling their little suitcases into my suite.

"Hey, gorgeous," she says. "The flat has been so quiet, and so clean without you."

I hug her tighter.

"Hey, you okay?" She holds me back appraising me with her eyes.

"I'm just happy to see you." I hug her again.

Releasing her, I follow Will into the living room, Simone behind me.

Okay, so Ross is trapped in the bathroom, and I somehow have to get them out of here for a little while, so he can get of there and back to his own suite.

"Holy shit!" Simone exclaims from behind me. "This place is huge."

I shrug, smiling through tight lips.

My eyes keep flickering in the direction of the bathroom door.

Ross is in there. In the bathroom. Wearing just his boxer shorts. I hope he's dressed into his clothes.