Chapter 8

Dylan's POV

"Uh, what is wrong with my sister? Why did she just look like she was about to cry?" Lexi stomps into the flat with an annoyed expression.

"Don't look at me like that." Charlie puts his hands up in surrender as she glares into his eyes.

"He didn't do anything." I mumble, wanting to stab myself in the eyeball. Why did I push her?

"What. Did. You. Do?" She grits, turning her daggers on me.

I stay silent. Whatever it is she clearly doesn't want anyone to know and that probably means Lexi as well.

"Fine." She grumbles after a few weird moments of staring at each other. "But you are going to go over there and apologize for being a dickhea-"

"Alexis!" My uncle gapes as he stands frozen in the doorway of the room.

"I-I'm sorry, Dan, but he made Gracie cry!" She she defends.

Daniel composes himself and turns to look at me. "She's right, you're going to go over there and apologize to her for being an idiot." He gives me a pointed look.

"But what if she hits me or kicks me... o-or CRIES?" I make up excuses because I truly don't want to see her crying and know that I did that to her.

His glare could make 'The Rock' piss his pants.

"Fine. Fine!" I hold my hands up and throw myself out the door.

*************************************************************

Gracie's POV

*Knock*, *Knock*

"Go away!" I shout from under the duvet.

"Grace, please. I'm sorry!" A muffled male voice shouts back. Dylan I assume.

"Go. AWAY!" I wail, not able to keep my voice from breaking and screeching.

I hear another set of knocks, this time not on the front door but on my bedroom door. I grunt, sitting up a little and quickly wiping away my tears and snot.

"What do you want?" I growl as he walks through the door.

"I-I'm sorry for pushing you when you clearly didn't want to talk about what happened. I-I'm a dickhead." He stares into my eyes and I feel myself melt at the sincerity in his words and the regret and guilt in his beautiful ocean eyes.

"Its fine. J-just please- I-I don't want anyone to see me like this." I breath as my depression claws at my flesh from the inside, threatening to rip a hole right through my chest.

He ignores me and sits on the bed, causing our faces to be inches apart. "I'm not going to leave you like this, Grace." He whispers, causing an intimate and private mist to fall over us.

"Dylan, please." I beg, tears threatening to spill over.

"I'm not leaving you." He wipes away one of my fallen tears while staring intently into my eyes, making a point of not moving from his spot. "You don't have to talk; we can just watch a movie with some hot chocolate and ice cream." A small smile forms on my lips.

"Fine." I forge annoyance. He smirks at this. God, that dimple!

He picks me up from under my armpits without any notice. I freeze, shocked for a few seconds, that's until I feel myself slipping out of his grasp.

My legs wrap around his waist and my arms go around his neck. His stupid, sexy smile makes me roll my eyes as he adjusts me slightly and wraps his warm and muscular arms around my waist.