Chapter 16

Gracie's POV

I walk around the Primark with Dylan in tow. I worm my way towards where I can see pastel colours and find myself looking at a pretty pink skirt. I find one in a size twelve and hand it to Dylan.  

"Why do I have to hold it?" He protests as I walk past his with a small smile.

"Because I'm lazy and don't feel like carrying stuff myself." I say in a "Duh," tone. He chuckles and follows after me towards the escalator where I see a white cropped jumper that will look nice with the skirt. I give that to Dylan too. 

We make our way onto the escalator and up to the second floor where the underwear is. Dylan seems shocked to find all the racks filed with bras and all the shelves and tables filled with panties and stockings. I just laugh at the pure lost look on his face.

We wonder around for a while before I pick up a black lace bra with black underwear, that I'm not even sure matches with the bra. 

"Do you think he'll be ok with these? I know they look cheap and are cheap, but they're going in the bin as soon as I get back tomorrow." I don't know why I'm asking him. I'm asking the guy I like if the guy I'm about to have sex will be pleased with the underwear I'm buying... Not the best fucking idea.

"Uh, you know what? Don't worry. These will do." I interrupt Dylan's attempt to impersonate a fish. 

I brush past him, picking up thick knee high socks on my way up to paying. I wait in line while he stands in the corner on his phone. He's barely said anything since we left the farm house and it's disturbing to me. He always has something stupid to say. 

"Fuck. Wait here." I mutter under my breath as I realize I didn't get shoes. I leave Dylan by the children's clothes and make my way to the back, where the shoes are. 

My decision is very fast and final as I see a pair of pastel pink flats that look like they are for a five year old. I find a pair in a size 7, pay and walk out with Dylan following me. 

"Do you want to go straight back to the house or should we stop and have some food?" I ask him as we walk down the street, towards McDonald's. 

"It's safer is we go straight back, we can have food there." He reminds me softly. 

"Yeah, I guess. B-but how is it not safe now? He's going to let you go and he's getting me anyway. How aren't we safe?" I wonder aloud.

He's silent the whole way to the car, making me uncomfortable and worried. He shuts the car door, as do I. The car is filled with a thick and heavy layer of suffocating silence as he just stares straight ahead.

"Dylan." I say in a demanding voice as I stare at the side of his stupid face.

"There are more gangs than just the one I was in. I the second best fighter in the North side and then the first after Nate got stabbed. Other gangs wanted me to join their's." He seems almost like he is in a trance as he stares out of the windscreen. His head suddenly snaps towards me.

"Look, Grace," He takes a deep breath. "If Riggs knows where I am then there is a chance others know as well. If Riggs knows I'm with you, then others probably know that too. You're in just as much danger as I am, if not more. I care about you and that makes you a bargaining target." He explains.

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"It means that these gangs will put you in danger to get me to join them. You're my weakness now and they'll have no problem in exploiting that." He blushes for a second but soon covers that up with a blank expression.

I turn away from him and look out the windscreen in shock. 

'What the fuck!?' I think to myself.