chapter 38

Jungkook laid there staring at his phone as Jimin looked and him worriedly. Jimin got up without a word and got ready. He threw on what he could find and picked something out for Jungkook since he was in shock.

He placed everything on the bed and went over to Jungkook's side. He removed the sheets off of him and hugged him then slowly started to sit him up. Once Jungkook was sitting straight up Jimin hugged him tightly and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Im here for you." He whispered and stayed there for a while until he left to the restroom to brush his hair. Some tears streamed down his face and wiped them away before he went back to the room.

Jungkook was dressed and ready to go when Jimin returned. They left the house without saying a word and didn't listen to anything when they got in the car.

Jungkook didn't seem so upset but he probably hadn't processed the situation. Jimin was more  conscious about what was going on and he could feel his heart aching with the future realization.

Jungkook arrived at the place where they would do paper work and background check to see if they could take care of the young boy. When Jungkook got the call he accepted the request with no hesitation.

The boy's name was Ren; he was fourteen, was fairly thin, and had fluffy dark brown hair that slightly covered over his eyes. Jimin was taken aback by his appearance because he resembled Jungkook when he was younger. He felt a lump in his throat when the boy looked at him because he had the same empty look when he met Jungkook.

Besides all the nostalgia, Jimin was more than glad to take care of the boy. He was determined to help him in whatever happened.

Neither of them knew exactly what to say so they sat in the quiet room looking at their hands until Jimin said something to break the silence.

"Hello." Jimin sadly smiled and waved. "My name is Jimin. Im Jungkook's husband. I hope we can get along well."

The boy looked up with with a mildly interested look in his eyes. Where they lived it was strange to see an openly gay couple. Ren wasn't disgusted by it, but he thought it was cool that Jimin just threw that out there.

Jimin wanted to clear that out of the way before anything. He didn't want any confusion and he also didn't want to hide it from Ren.

Ren grew up by himself for the most part. His mother died after giving birth to him and his father was always "working". He didn't have any clean jobs and would always get involved in illegal activity to make a living. He was raised in a bad neighborhood and he was never used to having nice things.

The boy looked at Jimin and Jungkook and saw they were nicely dressed. They had high end coats and nicely pressed shirts along with nice shoes. Usually he would feel uncomfortable around people that looked like them, but Jimin exuded a feeling of comfort when he walked in the room. Of course, Jungkook gave off the feeling too but Jimin's was somehow more prominent to Ren.

Jungkook didn't say a word the whole time, but he did listen to the conversation that the two were having. Ren spoke about himself and Jimin listened intently. When it was Jimin's turn to speak the boy also listened to what he had to say.

After a while of them talking, Jungkook got up and left. When he got out of the room his eyes had tears gushing out and there was no way he could stop it. He went into the restroom stall to avoid looking at anyone who worked there.

Everything hit him at once. He would have to take care and raise his brother's kid, his brother was dead, and Jimin just seemed to know how to address everything which he envied but also loved about him. He wanted to know what to do, but no matter how bad he wanted to help he barely knew how to help himself. Jungkook wanted to talk to Ren and get to know him, but something about the boy made him scared because he knew what it felt pike being in his shoes.

While he was deep in thought he didn't realize that Jimin had walked into the restroom. He was knocking on the stall door lightly. "Jungkook, come out please." He gently asked. Jungkook immediately wiped away his tears and tried to compose himself, but his eyes were puffy and his nose was red too. He got up and opened the stall. Jimin was standing outside and he stared back at him with worried eyes.

"Come here." He stretched his arms out and Jungkook went in for a hug. He placed his head on Jimin's shoulder and started to cry again.

Jimin held him in his arms and waited for him to calm down.

"I don't know what to do." Jungkook simply said. He felt the lowest he ever had.

Jimin stepped back to look Jungkook in the eye, "We're going to get through this together. I know you can do this, and that boy needs us now more than ever. Please Jungkook, I know it's hard, but it's harder for just a single person. Im here for you. I love you, okay?"

Jungkook sniffled a little before nodding.

"Alright, we got this." Jimin put on a little smile and walked out holding Jungkook's hand. Outside the restroom he stopped and gave Jungkook a quick kiss on the cheek. He rubbed Jungkook's hand with his thumb and they walked back into the room together.

"Sorry about that." Jimin looked at Ren as he sat down.

After Jimin's pep talk Jungkook got himself together and introduced himself to Ren. They got along fairly well considering what happened and that it was their first time having a sit down conversation.

Ren of course remembered Jungkook from when they met a the train station after his little incident. The chit chatted together for almost two hours until one of the staff members said that their time was up.

They three of them got up and said their goodbyes. "It was nice meeting you." Jimin waved goodbye as Ren walked down the hallway towards the room where he was to stay at the facility.

"Too bad we can't take him with us today." Jimin pouted, "It must suck to stay here with so many people."

Jungkook nodded in agreement and held Jimin's hand again, "Let's go home."

When Jungkook found out about his brother's death the funeral had already taken place. He was only allowed to see Ren, but he had to wait to get him settled in to his new home because they had to run background checks, make sure they were financially stable and that they were suited to take care of him.

Once they left the office, it was the start to anticipation for a call and to their commitment to caring for this boy.