Chapter 6

Early the next morning the camper went to get Jakes body but it wasn't there. Jason thought he knew where the body was but was too scared to talk.

Then another announcement was made.

"Please the art instructor has been missing for some days now, if anyone knows what happened to her or where her whereabouts are they should inform me".

Jason went back to his room and looked at his calendar. Tuesday 10th.

Alyssa said her birthday was on the 13th which was a Friday.

She said her parents were organizing a party for her and he was invited. He pulled out Alyssa's necklace and realized there was no one in the room.

He slipped it into his pocket and feeling playful he started bouncing on his bed.

He went higher and higher after each bounce and then slipped and landed on the floor pushing the carpet from its original position.

On the place where it had been was a trapdoor. He opened it and it creaked loudly like it had been out of use for plenty years.

"Thank goodness no one is around".

He hesitated on whether or not to go down the trapdoor. At last curiosity gave in, he grabbed a torch and headed down the trapdoor stairs.

Finding out it was very shallow he crawled on his knees.

He didn't need the torch as every step was brightly illuminated by overhead fluorescents.

"Whoever built this passage must have been very brilliant".

As he crawled through, the torch slipped from his hands and bounced off the wall. Immediately sharp spikes came out from the surrounding walls instantly destroying the torch.

"Did I say brilliant? I must have meant genius".

The spikes returned to where they came from after destroying the torch. He made a mental note to avoid touching the walls. He finally got to the end of the passageway and saw a small metal door, attached to it was a retina scan

"I have blue eyes, I wonder what would happen if I doesn't accept my eyes".

He looked around and saw a code box.

"F4ck, I've come this far and can't afford to go back now".

Something else caught his eye. It was an indented palm print which was placed on the wall. He placed his palm on it and it fitted perfectly.

The code box read;
"Default code:Alexa". A girl.

He placed his eye in line with the retina scan. The scan examined his retina with a red beam of light and the door slid open.

What he saw would have excited him if he was a girl. The place was extremely huge with many tall shelf and book racks, dresses of all kinds for all occasions, jewelry of different materials, make up, shoes and other things a girl would die to have.

It was really obvious that the place belonged to a girl with the way it was orderly arranged.

As he went round all the shelves he saw something was missing from a shelf. It was a jewelry holder supposed to be holding a heart shaped jewelry.

He then remembered Alyssa's necklace in his pocket and inserted it in.

At once, all the overhead lights automatically came on. Then they all went off leaving only one on. It shone directly over a wooden table and chair. He walked over to it.

There was a notepad there. The notepad had been crossed out and diary had been written in its place.

He opened it and flipped pages and he stopped at an entry dated "Friday 13th 1971".

Today my initiation as a witch would be complete. I still plan to use dads technology. His technology built this my hideout, with my magic I'll safeguard it. Only a chosen one I'll allow in.
Imagine Mr Woss, I'll combine daddy's tech plus my powers and I'll be totally powerful and unstoppable. I'll start with this little town of Greenwich and then the world.
My only problem is my powers are not permanent so I have chosen the heart as my keystone, no one will ever know.
P.S My 16th birthday was tots awesome
Alexy "the best" Summers.

He kept flipping pages until he came across a recipe. She called it "witchy witch". It was a cake recipe. He wrote it down because he wanted to try it out.

He looked at his watch 5:30. The boys will either be at the park or having quiet time.
She was the one the camper was talking about.

"Gosh, I guess I've lost track of time". He grabbed the pendant. All the lights went off and he hurried down the door, pathway and stairs.

As he closed the trapdoor and replaced the carpet all the boys burst in.

"We've been looking for you all day", a red haired boy said.
So I'm that important?

"I've been crawling around". At least it's almost true.

"Well, the camper wants to see you". The boy replied.

...........................................

When Jason reached the campers lodge, the camper sat him down and looked at him.

"Let me add 2 and 2 together, young man you've been hiding 'cos of those accusations?"

Well if they're true I expect nothing less but you shouldn't hide if they're false. I know they're false and that's why I cleared you of all those accusations.

"Does that mean you believe me?"

"Yes, I just wanted to reassure you".

"Thanks, so can i take my leave now?"

"Sure you can, mind you we'll be seeing tomorrow".

"Why, may I ask?"

"It's a surprise". Goodnight boy.

"Bye".

...........................................

Hey guys, happy new year. I haven't had time to update because I had exams but after the exams I kind of lost interest in everything surrounding me so I just managed to write this.
Vote, comment and like please🙇🏿‍♀️😏🙏🏼