Chapter 5

She was here again, she beckoned him to come and he followed.

            ...............................................

He was awake now. He headed towards the woods to the place where he and Alyssa had met. 

He had a carving knife with him. Carving into the bark of the tree a large heart he wore in the middle;
Jason and Alyssa, 2geda 4eva.

He drew a small heart that resembled the pendant.

By morning he had forgotten what he did.

           ................................................

  He woke up feeling the effect of the sun on him. The camper said today was restaurant day but since the restaurants around the camp were shut down and there was none within 12 miles of the place they were free to do whatever they wanted. 

   That's okay with me actually. He signaled to Alyssa that she should head to the park.

He got there first and checked for cab 13 and he saw it coming but it was a different color from the one they rode yesterday, this was red but the other was green.

He opened the cab door and a figure fell out on him.

   The figure looked like it had been drained of everything in it his soul included. The bones, muscles and skin stuck to each other, the mouth was gaping wide open and the eye sockets were empty.

  Jason who had never seen a dead body before and not even one as scary looking as this one had two options - scream at the top of his lungs or vomit his intestines out.
I think I'm going to vomit.

As he vomited some other kids came over and when they saw the body they ran for the camper.

Ten minutes later, the camper was at the scene

"I tried the police but someone cut the phone lines and the ones that are working are jammed". "Well the body doesn't look like it can decay so it won't smell, we can keep it here while I organize a grave".

  "Who found him?!" A freckled girl asked. Another girl pointed at Jason.

     Alyssa came over and looked surprised.

"Whoa, that boy was Jake Connors and was in my class".

  "He was my boyfriend" another girl said sobbing.

"Okay guys, move it and head back to your rooms now".

Jason started hyperventilating and he was taken to the nurse by the camper then was given another injection for temporary sleep.

          .................................................

Jake had been in cab 13 waiting for his girlfriend when she came and he couldn't see her face because a white mist surrounded her.

So she kissed him. When she was through with him he was already dead and there was no ooze.

She looked less pale now because she had been feeding well with Dan as her first victim.

She brought out something and unleashed it on his dead body.

  It was a bug that as it continued biting him, it was also draining his essence. When it was done everything stuck together and he looked thinner.

She kept on laughing and Jason woke up.

"Another nightmare about the same pale faced girl again". Something is really wrong.

           ................................................

His dreams and the memories of the dead bodies built up his tension. His hands started shaking uncontrollably and when he was supposed to meet up with Alyssa she avoided him.

He couldn't eat or sleep because he was afraid of the girl with the pale face.

           ................................................

He slept that night and thankfully she didn't come. He woke up the following morning with the realization that he was hungry.

He ate half his plate of spaghetti when a skinny red haired girl came over to where he sat.

"Jason, I have something that tell you"
I don't even know her name.

"Yeah?"

"Some of us here have decided that you're the major suspect in the death of those boys because you've always the one that finds them or saw them last.

You could have easily killed them and raised a false alarm.

"Toodles, and if you're the one you'll surely be jailed. Mark my words".

Jason was startled, she had spoken so loud that everyone in the hall had heard her.
She was Jakes girlfriend.

He left the hall and went to his room, he tried to read but he just couldn't concentrate. His health relapsed drastically.

Then Jakes girlfriend went missing.

They found her later that night at the edge of the woods. She was barely alive with most of her bones broken and without the memories of what happened to her.

The girl that found her told the camper that an elderly woman was seen around the place. She was later found on her bed that night with her eyes wide open and mouth gaping.

The camper announced that she had been scared to death. Jason was no longer the suspect because everyone figured he couldn't pull a prank like that.

.....................................................

She was holding Jake and Dan but then she turned and started beating her up till she broke most of her bones.

She couldn't defend herself from the pale faced girl because it was like she had extra ordinary strength.

When she was through with her she went to the other one, - the one who saw her.

Her face changed as she moved over to where she was sleeping then she tapped her lightly. The girl saw her and screamed.

Her face was distorted.

She laughed as she went on with Jake and Dan by her side to a place Jason couldn't follow even in the dream world.

................................................

Jason woke up. He always had these dreams after someone died.

Can it be what happened to all those people that died. There's no one I can tell because they'll think I'm mad or I'm cooking up stories to save myself. I better go back to sleep because I haven't been sleeping well.

He went back to sleep.

..........................................

Because I felt like I updated today😉.
Please vote, like and comment so my efforts won't be wasted.😪😢
I'll soon round up the book and I'm so sad. 😔