Prologue: Terrorized Classroom

Thomas Christopher Mandark slammed the hammer onto the metal.

It was silent in the classroom where the 21-year old child prodigy was working. Thomas, mostly known as Thom by the people around him, had been busy since the early morning.

Having already drank numerous cups of coffee in about two hours, he was still not about to give up on his work.

Thom had grown up with his parents being geniuses, so he and his sister were put under constant educational stress from them.

But it did work out in the end.

He put down the hammer and wiped the sweat of his forehead. Looking at the busted metal, he realized just now that it had no form. Nothing he could make off it.

Sighing he stood up and walked around.

Thom was the star of the school when it came to intelligence and psychics, his friend Jeffrey Boldwin was the star of the school when it came to sport and athletics.

‘I’m Thom goddamn Mandark and I can’t find any inspiration for a piece of metal’ he said to himself, his hands in his hair.

He went to sit back on his chair. The classroom was big and empty, just like most of Thom’s life since his parents passed away. He had some friends, but he never tried to hang out with them, go to the club or have fun getting drunk or wasted.

In his twenty-two years of being alive, Thom was intelligent and could make even the worst looking metal into something useful.

But he had almost nobody to share those moments with.

As he prepared to grab the hammer again he heard a smash and looked behind him. And to his shock and surprise there was a grenade on the ground, with no pin it.

And just as he stood up from his seat the grenade detonated and knocked him away.

In a flash and with a bang Thom flew against a cabinet and was then overwhelmed with enormous pain from the entire blast, although he was still alive.

But the pain didn’t fade away quickly it was only made worse.

The moment when a giant block of concrete fell from the top of the cabinet and fell directly on Thom’s leg.

He screamed out in pain and lost consciousness soon after.