Chaper 8: The Discovery

Thom was sitting home on his couch, with a very angry looking Hendrik sitting next to him.

‘So that was not a statue built for fun’ Hendrik said.

‘No it wasn’t. It was a suit of armor’ Thom replied.

Hendrik placed his head in his hands for a while before looking to Thom. ‘Listen kid I’m very impressed with what you have managed to build. But using it for revenge, that is not the right way to go.’

Thom had no idea how to reply to this. Hendrik did not seem mad but Thom knew he was probably cooking from the inside.

‘Thom. I care for you like your my own boy. But this was reckless, you may have stopped those terrorists but that will not help a lot later on. Promise you will not use that suit anymore unless needed.’

Thom looked up at Hendrik with a confused stare.

‘You’re an adult and you make your own decisions. And truly it’s an amazing piece of work and it would be sorry to throw it away. But please be careful’ Hendrik told.

Thom smiled.

‘I hope you understand Thom,’ Hendrik said standing up ‘that you must watch out with that armor. Nobody can find out about it.’

Hendrik then turned and left the house. Thom remained seated, thinking about what he was supposed to do now.

Find the mole?

But he still had no idea who it could be. All the possible options had no motive to betray him. But maybe there was something in Mandark Industries that held the answers.

Thom called Aleksei who showed up remarkably fast.

As he stepped into Aleksei’s car he told him ‘to the company now’ and Aleksei sped way to the company and in about twenty minutes they were there.

Thom walked up the stairs, placing his coat tightly around him to protect him from the cold night. But before his eyes where two strong guards standing in front of the door.

‘Sorry Mr. Mandark but you are not allowed in the building’ one of the guards said.

Thom’s expression turned to instant surprise ‘what why not it is my company’ he told them. But both guards just shook their head ‘I am sorry Mr. Mandark but we have orders not to let you inside the building.’

‘On whose orders?’ Thom asked crossing his arms.

‘Mr. Boldwin.’

Thom did not know how to feel or respond when he heard that name. ‘Jeffrey,’ he muttered ‘tell him this is my company and I need to get inside because it is my company.’