Chapter 6: a new beginning

Song: Happy Little Pill

Numb. I feel nothing. I am nothing. I stopped crying. I stopped everything. My mom is getting concerned. I told her what happened and she told me it was going to be alright, but I deserve this. It's my fault. If I didn't stop loving him in the first place none of this would have happened. But Jacob...

Jacob. I haven't talked to him since yesterday.

"You should go out honey. See your friends." My mom said to me, concern in her voice.

"I have work tomorrow," I say bluntly.

She sighs and says goodnight. I cry myself to sleep that night. It was one of the worst nights of my life.

I awake to my alarm. I realize I slept over the first one and I'm running late. I get ready and head up the stairs to the kitchen. I haven't eaten in a while so I feel dizzy walking up the stairs, I almost tumble over. My mom looks at me concerned. I tell her I'm fine and grab an apple while walking out the door. I get to work with seconds to spare.

The morning goes by slowly. I'm meeting Jacob for coffee today! I totally forgot! The last couple of days went by in a blur.

I clock out early and head to where we're going to meet. He said there's a great little cafe in the suburb and I agreed to give it a try. I'm so nervous. I get there early and sit down.

I'm on my phone scrolling my Tumblr feed until I hear the door open. I look up.

He sits on the opposite side of the booth and we exchange hellos. We then order our drinks and begin to talk.

"So, Troye with an e, how's life?" He asks. I decide to not tell him about Connor.

"Nothing much. I've been really busy with work lately." The waitress comes back and gives me my hot chocolate and him his latte.

"Oh yeah? Where do you work?" He asks, sipping his latte.

"At the sandwich shop across the mall, do you know the one I'm talking about?" I decide not to include my presence online. I don't want to scare him off.

"Oh yeah! I've heard so many great things, but I've never been. Guess I'll just have to come and visit you one time then." He said. I started to blush and nodded my head.

We made small talk for a little while, then he asked the question.

"I don't mean to be super forward or anything but are you gay?" I smile and answer.

"Yeah," I say blushing.

"Me too." He said blushing a small bit as well. "Did someone lock you down yet or are you still looking Troye boy?"

"Nope, still looking," I say disregarding the pit I feel in my stomach.

"Maybe not for long if I get it my way." He said while smirking at me. It made me blush. Does he really like me like that?

"We'll see Jake," I say trying to ease the tension within myself. He seems so relaxed.

"Jake? I like it. Not too bad from a twink" he says while winking.

"I am not a twink! I say a little too loud." He lets out a small laugh.

"Okay, Tro, whatever you say."

We talked for hours and it was the best time I've had in a long time. It was starting to get late and I offered to end the night. He agreed and we walked out together side by side.

We get up to his car and get ready to say our goodbyes.

"It's been a pleasure, Mr. Troye Sivan," Jacob said in an English accent. I giggled and he smiled at that. This boy sure does know how to make me laugh.

"I'd really love to see you again," I said looking down to my feet kicking the gravel.

"I'd be a pleasure," he said while reaching for my hand. I look up and he is close to my face. I blush at how close we are to each other. My breath hitches. He smiles at my blush. He leans in and kisses me lightly on the lips.