Chapter 14: a fancy feast

Song: for him.

I start to blush uncontrollably. I ask my boss if I could leave early and he nods his head. I walk around the counter and make my way toward Jacob. I hug him and kiss his cheek. I look back to my co-workers and wave. They were shook for a moment then they started to smile. We walked out hand in hand. We get into my car and I start the engine.

"Are you okay?" Jacob asked me.

"Yeah... I wasn't out at work." I said, pulling out of the parking spot.

"Oh Troye, I'm sorry," Jacob said, looking out the side window.

"It's okay Jake," I say putting my hand on top of his. "I was going to do it anyways. I'm glad it was with you." He sighed in relief.

"Thanks, twink." I roll my eyes.

"Where do you want to go for dinner?" I ask Jacob, pulling onto the highway.

"Actually I have something to pick up from the mall just off the 511."

"Sure. So, how was your day?"

"Uneventful." He says with a smile on his face.

We talk for a little while longer until we get to the mall.

"Will it take you that long? Can I wait here?"

"Yeah, I'll just be a minute." He gets out of the car and closes the door.

He comes back with a white bag in his hands. He jumps inside and I know it's food.

"What's that?" I ask.

"You're just going to have to see Troye Boy." I roll my eyes and start the car.

"So, are we going to your house?" He nods his head and I start to drive.

We arrive at his house and go up to his apartment.

I walk into the room. And I'm in shock. The table is set with candles all over. It's like something out of a movie. "Wow..." I say.

"You like it?"

"I love it," I say hugging him.

Jacob takes out the food and puts it on our plates. He got us McDonald's. I laugh. Only Jacob would serve McDonald's with the fanciest setup ever.

We sit down and start eating.

"So, what was the inspiration behind this?" I ask.

"Well..." Jacob started. "One week ago today we met."

"Oh my gosh, that's right!" I say.

"So..." Jacob says, grabbing my hand. "I have something to ask you."

"Okay," I say nervously.

"Troye Sivan Mellet, will you be my boyfriend?"