Chapter 2: The Daycare

A few days after the funeral Lyla went over to the daycare and Rebecca said "Hi I'm Rebecca Barnes how can I help you." 

"Hi I um I'm Lyla Baker. Um I'm going to be teaching at the high school I believe it's your brother James that told me about your daycare. As you can tell I've got two babies." she said as she had Madison and Madelyn with blonde pig tails holding her hands

Rebecca smiled and said "He did mention that he suggested my daycare to you. Why don't you two little angels go play while I talk to mama." as she squatted down. 

They both looked up at her and Lyla said "It's okay go play babies." 

They let go of her hands and found some toys to play with and Rebecca said "They are adorable." 

"Thanks" she said 

"Okay so um 5 days a week?' Rebecca said

"Yes ma'am." she said 

Rebecca showed her around and the girls found other kids to play with and Rebecca said "Um I have to ask this and is there a daddy involved?'

Lyla felt tears welling and she said "No he left when they were 4 months old." 

"Oh I am so sorry Lyla." Rebecca said

"No it's just been emotional last couple of days and now I have to do something that I'm so scared to do. It's nothing against you I just have only ever left them with family but my grandma passed away a few days ago and I'm up here all alone now." Lyla said as she wiped tears.

"This will be good for them Lyla and I promise I won't let anything happen to them. They have to get use to be around other kids." Rebecca said

"Mama mama" they said in unison and they hugged her legs. 

She filled out the paperwork and paid their first month's payment since she was going to need the daycare for practice days over the summer. 

That night Bucky was at his parents house for Monday night dinners with his parents and his sister and her husband and kids. "Hey Becca did she come?'he said as he pulled her aside.

"She did.. bless her little heart those girls are adorable and smitten images of her." Becca said

"Bless whose heart" Winnie said 

"Um a girl that Bucky met last week during an interview at the school. She has these adorable twin little girls that are two years old but bless her heart she's so stressed and scared she was on the verge of tears. She has no help up here she said that the help she did have was her grandma and she passed away the day she got her job at the school." Rebecca said 

"Oh no.." Bucky said 

"But she's going to let me watch her girls for her. I just hate that I can't do much for her on the weekends if she needs someone to watch them then." Rebecca said 

That night Bucky went home and laid on the couch and he looked her up on his facebook. Her profile picture was a picture of her making a kissy face as she had two tiny blondes kiss her cheeks. He smiled and then pulled up her photo albums and went through her pictures and he saw all of her cheer pictures over the years and the girls. 

He sent her a friend request and she accepted it as she was laying in the dark as the girls go to sleep. He smiled and pulled up his messenger and said "Hey.. Becca told me you come by today and said that your grandma had passed. I'm really sorry." 

She smiled and said "Thank you" back to him. 

The next morning she dropped off the girls and gave Becca their back packs and she kissed them goodbye and headed to the school cause she had a meeting to get to.