Prologue

I never thought I would stay here in front of this monster, his guns were aimed just right at me. He had two guns in both of his hands, they were clutching the handles tightly. His knuckles were turning white. When I looked into his scary widened green eyes, there were flames in them I swear no one could tame. He was lost, following his own fire.

I had my hands up protectively. I tried to stay calm, stay brave for my little brother behind me. This man would never kill my baby brother, would he? He only killed teenagers, didn't he? I had dirt all over my clothes, my jeans were ripped, so I had bruises all over my knees, some of them bleeding. My white singlet wasn't white anymore, it was brown and yellow from the mud and grass I've tripped through multiple times.

I tried to steady my breath, it was going crazy, or so it felt like.

«You should know better than playing with your brother in the woods.» The man said, his voice was raspy and deep. It gave me shivers. I swear his voice was the main reason why I had goosebumps all over my body, it wasn't only from the cold.

«I'm sorry.» Ben cried behind me, he held the fabric of my singlet tightly in his small hands. His hair was messy as he peeked from behind me to look at the man. Ben was trembling behind me, he were probably scared too.

«I only wanted to play football.» he whimpered behind me.

I took a deep breath and looked behind at him, I gave him the best smile I could. If there were one thing that I wouldn't let him believe it would be that this was none of his fault. He could sometimes be a pain in the ass, but he was a child after all.

«This is not your fault,» I told him. I saw his tears fall, and I swear my heart ached.

«It's the damn ball's fault because he decided to take a run in the woods, isn't it?» I asked him, trying to light up the mood. He nodded and looked at the ball under his arm, judging it with his eyes. He then sighed and threw it away and hugged my hip for comfort.

«I will kick him hard when I get back home.» He whispered and eyed the ball murderous. I couldn't help but to chuckle, however it stopped when someone cleared their throat. I turned my head to look at the curly-haired man, his arms still extended.

«You done?» He asked. I gulped and pushed Ben behind me. Ben grabbed my singlet harder and pulled me closer to him. I bit my bottom lip and looked at the serial-killer that everyone feared, even me.

«Dawn, I just want to go home.» Ben whimpered.

«SHUT THE FUCK UP!»

I jumped and looked at the man, I raised my head high and clenched my fists and slowly let my arms fall. If someone had the right to shout at my brother it was me or my parents, this guy had no right or reason to. I couldn't protect myself from him anyway.

«Or what? You gotta kill an innocent child?» I asked him with a glare.

He tilted his head and pointed his gun at my little brother who peeked his head from my side and looked at him with wide eyes, his hands clenching the fabric of my singlet. «Well, no.» He told me with a smirk. «I'll kill you, while your little brother is watching.» He answered me and crooked a smile. He then aimed both his guns at me again. 

«Go on, kill me.» I snapped. He raised an eyebrow and looked at me with an expressionless face, so did my little brother, he was pulling at my clothing and I heard him whisper behind my back, probably that he shouldn't. To be honest, I didn't know why I said he could kill me, it was stupid of me, cause then he would probably do so. «I'm the only teenager left in Creek, so perhaps you'll get a trophy on your damn wood wall somewhere where you hide. You must be a real pussy, hiding away from everyone. Are you hiding from your problems or something?» I sneered and looked at him. He clenched his hands around the handles more, his lips turning white and his eyed widening even more.