Chapter 5

«Breakfast.» He said and mentioned for me to follow.

I stood up slowly and followed him downstairs, I took the time to look around here. It was pictured on the wall, but what scared me the most it was a cross upside down on the main door. I stopped and looked at the cross with wide eyes, Lucifer stopped as he realized I didn't follow him anymore.

«Why are you having the cross upside down?» I asked him in a whisper, my blood running low. He turned around and licked his lips, he walked towards me and stopped right next to me. He then looked at the cross and smirked.

«Well, I don't want god here with me.» He said and looked at me.

«That keeps him away.» He said through clenched teeth.

«Why don't you want god here with you?» I asked him in a whisper. He looked at me with wide green eyes, it scared me, to be honest. He just kept looking at me, and my body turned cold under his wide green-eyed stare. I took a deep breath and tried to stay calm.

«Like I said yesterday, God took something away from me,» Lucifer growled. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. I wondered what made him so angry at God, what did God take away from him?

I wasn't a believer, but sure he was. He still looked at me, his green eyes now having a weak fire in them. I turned my body towards him and looked at his face, he looked so powerful, so flawless. He stepped closer to me when I kept staring at him back.

«I want something, something god can't have.» He whispered. He looked at me and pursed his lips.

«Since he took away what I loved the most, I will take away something he loves too.» He told me and looked at the cross that was upside down.

«If his angels try to get inside, they will be burned by hellfire.» He stated and grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

«C'mon let's go.»

I looked at him when he told me this. Angels? Hellfire? «Is it really angels, Lucifer?» I said. After that creature, I could believe anything.

«Not angels you talk about.» He murmured and mentioned for me to sit down on the kitchen table to eat. It was pancakes there, Nutella, bananas, berries and freshly press juice.

«What kind of angels then?» I asked him. Deciding to keep my mouth shut about the breakfast he sat up.

«People say angels guard all over your life, but really they are here to make sure demons, non-believers and people of hell don't exist. They're hunters, hunters of the God wall.» He said and turned his head to look at me. I sat down and listened quite fascinated. I wondered if he heard about this from his parents, or if what he told me was true.

«But why isn't that a good thing? That they hunt demons and such?» I asked him.

He shot me a glare and laughed loudly. «A human consists of 50% positivity and 50% negativity. By hunting demons you will lose your negativity, what is humane about that?» He asked me and put the fork into his mouth. I looked at him and nodded my head, that was true.

«Perhaps, but it won't be any problems with your mind. You won't be frightened, hurt emotionally, embarrassed, scared, worried, sad, nervous, anxious and other things.» I mentioned.

«But without being nervous, you won't be able to reach your goals, what if what you want the most is frightening you too? You can't be who you are today without battling with your inner demons.» He told me and raised an eyebrow. I slowly swallowed the pancake I put in my mouth.

«So what you say is that we all got demons?» I asked him. He laughed and looked at me.

«If you were not a demon, you would be an angel, which you are not obvious.» He snorted and looked at me. I furrowed my eyebrows and scoffed.