Chapter 2

I sat there alone for a while, two hours maybe? I had limped my way around the small house, I even found a stick I could use to support myself. I was currently in the living room, looking at books in his tall shelves. Perhaps he liked to read? My eyes shifted to a small table where a book was laying. I slowly stepped towards it and picked the book up. The book was worn, proving that he had read it a lot of times. I squinted my eyes to read the title, my glasses at home. I felt surprised when I read the title of the book, Pride & Prejudice. Isn't that an old classic book?

"What are you doing?"

I put the book back down on the small table but managed to overturn a vase on top of it. It went flying to the floor, but luckily it didn't break. I gaped at the floor and picked it up fast and placed it back on the table. "So sorry, I just-"

"You like that book?" He asked me.

I blinked by his answer and just stared at the book, not knowing why he was so calm. Why wasn't I dead yet? Shouldn't he get mad and kill me because I touched his stuff? I looked at him for a while and bit my inner cheek and took a deep breath.

«Uhm, well I... I read it twice at my grandparent's house.» I whispered unsure to how to answer him. He hummed and walked towards the vase and pushed it over the edge so it went falling to the floor. I watched with wide eyes as it broke into several pieces on the floor.

«I never liked that vase anyway.» He murmured and walked towards the couch and sat down, his long legs on top of the table.

«How's your foot?» He asked me carelessly.

I turned my body to him and shrugged.

"Not good." I murmured. He looked at me as I wrapped my arms around myself and looked down at my feet, I took a deep breath when he stood up. He walked towards me and I backed away from him, my eyes wide. He hummed and looked down at my ankle and pushed me against the bookshelf.

«Isn't it poetic?» He asked me in a whisper. I grabbed the shelf hard and clenched my hand around the wood. I stared at his face, he had a scar, a small scar just on his cheekbone. It was barely visible, but it was there.

«What is?» I asked back in a shaky voice. He looked down at my feet and bent down, he grabbed my hurt ankle and I winced in pain. He ignored my wincing and examined the foot.

«That you're stuck here with me.» He said and looked up at me. I stared down at him with sad eyes, the thought of my brother coming back to my head.

«We both have chains keeping us stuck here, and when we figure out where the key is we can both go.» He said and straightened up. He then smirked and looked down at me.

«I think your foot is sprained.» He told me. I blinked and looked at him, what was he talking about? Chains that kept us back? How could he be stuck here? He was the murderer, is that the reason why he is stuck too? I took a deep breath, trying to take in all the unanswered questions I had.

"Did you eat?" He asked me. I looked up at him as he changed the conversation topic. I blinked and slowly nodded my head, he looked over at the plate I used earlier and hummed.

"Good girl." He murmured and grabbed the plate. He turned to look at me and the mess he made on the floor.

«Clean it up.» He stated and turned his back to me. I raised an eyebrow and huffed. In his wildest dreams, I looked down at the blue vase and just glared at it like it was an enemy. I wouldn't clean it up, that was his doing. The boy walked back and looked at the mess still on the floor.

"You deaf?" He asked me. I grimaced and looked out the windows.

"I wish I was at times, but no," I answered him. He tilted his head back and looked at me. I felt my blood pump in my veins by his stare, he did something to me. It wasn't a normal feeling, perhaps it was me being scared, but did it feel this way?  I backed away from him as he came walking towards me. He grabbed my neck and pushed me down on the floor.