Unconscious

"So you made a truth serum and gave it to everyone?" Rapunzel asked.

"Heh." Varian chuckled, "You'd be surprised what people would tell you for a cookie."

Rapunzel gasped, "Pete? Stan? How could you!"

Varian scoffed, "Oh do you honestly expect me to be concerned about the welfare of Corona?"

"But you said you'd-" She started.

"Rapunzel!" Varian hissed, "I USED you! I begged you and this kingdom for help. Everyone turned their back on me! It has to be this way."

Rapunzel scrunched her face up in annoyance and turned around. "I defied a direct order from my father," Rapunzel started turning back to him, "The KING because I trusted you! We both broke the law." She sighed, "Give me the flower Varian. We can find a way to fix all of this. The rocks, your dad, everything. I promise you. I promise. Just this is not the way. Please!"

Varian looked down at his boots for a second, considering her proposal. The doors behind them banged. He slowly looked up and snarled, "Sorry, Princess, but I know firsthand how well you keep promises." Just then, the doors burst open and there stood Eugene, Cassandra and two guards.

"There he is!" Eugene yelled, "Get him!"

Varian glared at Rapunzel a few seconds before throwing some chemicals on the floor, creating a cloud of smoke.

A large crash sounded nearby.

Rapunzel coughed and tried to stand. As the smoke cleared, she saw what had made the commotion. Varian had run right into a pillar and lay unconscious on the floor. "Varian!" she shrieked.

She Jumped over to Varian and tried to find a pulse. After a few seconds, she could feel the thump thump thump of a heartbeat, although it was faint. Rapunzel called the guards over and commanded, "Get him to an infirmary!" she stood back as the two guards gently lifted Varian and carried him out of the room. She was on the verge of crying now. How had she caused so much pain? It was all her fault... she should've helped Varian with his dad. Now Varian was unconscious, he hated her, and he didn't have any family left. How could everything go so horribly wrong?