The Road

Varian, Rapunzel, and Eugene followed Cassandra as she led them to the path. All three gasped as they reached the wall of Corona. The wall was crumbled, most likely by the rocks, and there was a path of black rocks leading into the distance.

"What is that?" Rapunzel murmured. Varian stepped closer to get a better look. The shiny rocks seemed to point towards the horizon. He leaned down and tapped the rocky road.

Eugene leaned over Varian's shoulder warily, trying to look from the safety of behind the alchemist. "I saw this earlier when I took a ride." Cassandra said seriously.

"Do you think..." Rapunzel started. "We should follow them? They must be leading somewhere."

"I don't know, Raps." Cassandra sighed, "Do you think that's a good idea?"

Rapunzel's face twisted in thought. "Maybe they're leading to something, or someone, who can get rid of them?"

"That could be possible." Varian agreed, "Or they could be leading to something much worse."

"Let's follow them." Rapunzel decided.

"But what if it's dangerous?" Eugene interjected.

"There's only one way to find out." Rapunzel sighed.

"You'll have to get permission from your father first." Varian said.

"Yes." Raps replied. "That'll be the hard part."