we all try

"So, you're just not gonna talk to me?"

"That's exactly what I plan on doing, Frank." I heard him breathe a sigh of relief. His attempts to talk to me the past few hours had warranted absolute silence, so a response from me was definitely a step up. I didn't bother to look up from my book, though. I wasn't in the mood then – stewing in the same anger I'd been feeling since my disaster of a party – and I still wasn't in the mood now to converse, especially with half of the problem.

With a little less than five more hours until we landed wherever the fuck we were headed to, this private jet had me trapped in it with all its luxuries and privacy and him.

A part of me just wished he'd leave me alone to Harry Potter. In peace.

But I had to give it to him, he was persistent.

I ignored Lonny through the turbulence, even though I hated planes. Harry was yelling at his aunt but in the back of my mind, the thought of being so high up in the air did nothing but give me nausea like a motherfucker. He left me alone for a while after that, silently admiring my dedication and staring at his gold watch.

I zoned out by the time the Knight Bus rolled around and saved our young protagonist, taking him to the only place he felt at home with my mind too wrapped up on what went wrong...

The party was in full swing and I still felt like Cinderella, even with the dull ache settling in the arches of my feet. My prince was in some far corner with a glass of something strong and brown like himself, shirt half buttoned by now and his eyes full of wonder; probably watching me twirl around in my glass slippers... My smile was high for him, wherever he was. I had a few more rounds to make before I was all his.

My eyes cut to Tyler, laying comfortably on one of the club's many couches with a woman by his side that I recognized but couldn't remember where from, both of them all smiles. He was initially annoyed that he had to wear something that wasn't a t-shirt and some jeans but a source informed me that he managed to find some pretty girl to entertain, melting away all his bad vibes.

T was definitely a sucker for attention.

He caught my eye at the last possible moment and responded to my smirk by flipping me off in good spirit, making the girl and I, laugh more. I was glad he was having a good time. Plus, he looked good in adult clothes. He'd thank me later...if, he bagged her. All signs were pointing to yes.

Even Chris managed to show his face, opting to bring one of his friends as a date.

I honestly didn't expect him to come after I told him that Kace would be there with Michael, knowing they weren't on the best of terms. I was happy to see him though. Her and Chris seemed to be actively avoiding speaking each other all night which was weird, but I appreciated their efforts to make this night as smooth as possible.

I scanned the room looking for where Kacie and Alex walked off to. After being cornered by virtually everybody, and an embarrassingly lengthy round of pictures with anyone with a camera including press and paps and my family and my extended families and Lonny, who was too drunk enough to bother to not stare at me like I was a full course meal, I was ready for some girl talk.

Lonny

am i unwillingly involved in a hide and seek game?

Bee

depends...am i winning? ;-)

Lonny

took 4 tries to spell "unwillingly" so yes. tease.