nature feels

I woke up to the smell of breakfast and the sound of the beach.

Lonny appeared from what seemed to be out of nowhere with some of the most delicious looking food ever, and I couldn't help but be distracted by him, laughing at the way he could still look simply dressed and expensive as fuck at the same time. Sitting up, I rubbed my eyes before staring at him in amusement, noting his half buttoned short sleeved white button up shirt, gold peeking through from against his skin, shorts and flip flops, and his watch... He sat the tray down carefully on the edge of the bed before moving my limp bangs, kissing my forehead and welcoming me back from dreamland.

We ate breakfast in comfortable silence.

After stuffing my face, I took to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. I was in the middle of brushing my hair when my phone buzzed.

Angela

Question...

Billie

...uh, sure...

For Angie to be my older sister, she rarely ever checked up on me. Unless it was to manipulate me into helping her with something or a way to make me look bad, we barely spoke. Things didn't always use to be like that...

Mom was proud, and although I always asked her not to, she rubbed my success in Ang's face and simultaneously started a rift between us in the process... It went on like that from high school, through my college graduation.

Things were starting to get better by the summertime, around when I started to plan my 21st, and she even offered to help me out with the arrangements. Even though I suspected it was something in it for her, I said yes anyway; hoping that us bonding would erase years of arguments...then her and mother decided that the soirée was all about them and eighty sixed most of my plans. We argued about that too until I just said fuck it and cancelled for good. Fast forward to a call from both of them at seven o'clock in the morning a little less than a month ago...we all know how that ended up.

I was combing through my wet hair, hoping that this text wasn't the in the same vein of everything else she was known for.

Angela

Are you and Frank Ocean in the same place right now?

Billie

no. is that all?

I gripped the handle tighter. If there was one person I should've been able to trust, it should be my own flesh and blood. But I knew better. Angela would sell me to the wolves if she ever got the chance.

Angela

Yep. Have fun.

Lonny kissed my invisible wounds and made them better, telling me not to worry. That today was gonna be amazing, and to smile. Before I could find time to think about it anymore, he asked to take a dip in the pool with me.

It was partly cloudy in Bora Bora so we didn't have to worry about baking under the sun, even though it was pretty warm and super bright.

The ocean breeze was just as crisp and welcoming as it was when we first got there.

We spent the whole afternoon splashing around and sipping fruity drinks laced with alcohol. The sun was just about to set when he realized I was nursing my third Long Island iced tea.

"Hey, you can drink legally now, huh?" Lonny mused, peacefully floating on the surface of the pool with something round and filled with air with a little red drink in his free hand. He ditched his shirt and the shorts and the shoes by now and replaced them with some green swim trunks, so now instead of looking like the mayor of a private island he looked like a beach bum.