Chapter 18

3rd person

"Are you paying attention" Rebbeca asked, Michael nodded. He was in his own world, dozing off. They walked along the sidewalk on their way to the cafe where Rebbeca would be meeting Ashton. Rebbeca fiddled with her thumbs, she gently put a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm really nervous" she said, Michael raised a brow "pfft why?" he chuckled, she looked at him "I don't know what if something goes wrong, What if he doesn't wanna meet up again after this?" Rebbeca said. The word 'he' immediately made Michael tense up and start actually listening to Rebbeca, "what do you mean 'he' I thought you were just meeting a friend" he scoffed, Rebbeca nodded "he is a friend, for now" she grinned.

Michael stopped in his tracks, "wait what the hell? I'm dropping you off on your date??" He asked sternly making Rebbeca's grin slowly disappear, she looked confused "I was talking about him the entire walk here weren't you listening?" She replied back with a stern voice. Michael furrowed his eyebrows "No I wasn't listening and I'm sorry for that but who the fuck is this guy. Why didn't you tell me!" He argued, by then they had stopped walking and were standing in the middle of the sidewalk.

"I literally asked you if you were listening, and you said yes" Rebbeca snapped back.
"Ok I get that I wasn't listening but why are you going on a fucking date? I don't even know who he is" he said getting more jealous by the second, Rebbeca rolled her eyes at him "I don't need to tell you who I'm meeting, plus he's new to town so nobody knows him yet. I met him yesterday when I took patron out to the park" she sassed, and Michael exploded.

"You met him yesterday!!" He scolded causing Rebbeca to jump. "Rebbeca! You literally know nothing about him and your meeting up with him today!! Are you actually fucking stupid" he spat "Your not going on that date" Michael added. Rebbeca was mad, so mad that she couldn't say anything. How dare Michael tell me who I can't see and how dare he call me stupid she thought. Rebbeca gave him a stank eye and walked away. She decided she didn't need Michael, she can be independent and walk herself. Michael tried grabbing her arm but Rebbeca pulled it away harshly.

He called after her and Rebbeca ignored him, Michael ran up to her and stood in front blocking her way.
"Move." She said
"Not until you at least tell me his name" he replied
"Why would I tell you anything after you called me stupid!" She argued. Michael grabbed her shoulders "I'm sorry, I just get..." he didn't know if he should or not just say that he was straight out jealous because the thought of Rebbeca being with another man angered him so much he wanted to punch a wall of bricks.

"Overprotective" she finished for him, not quite the answer but close enough for Michael "Yea" he said. She didn't show any emotion, Rebbeca walked past him. Michael tried grabbing her again but this time she turned to face him "Don't touch me....I'll see you tomorrow" she said and left him on the sidewalk. Michael knew that it would probably be best if he just let her cool off. He couldn't help but feel like he had lost something extremely valuable, maybe it's because he did.

Yo ✌🏽 I'm dying cus of semester finals 😭