Chapter 6

I walked back to the conference hall and calmed myself. Once the hall got filled, I addressed everyone. “ It is a strange idea, I admit, but we are in a position to experiment. I need you people to question me, so that I can understand the perspective of our people and design the place as such”

“Don’t you think it will be disrespectful to the dead?”, one of my colleagues asked.

“The plan is to paint the café entirely grey, with minimal decorations. The interiors, on the contrast, are going to be very colorful, as a metaphor to the fact that though death is certain, life is beautiful. We are also planning to form a tie up with top florists of our city, and set up a basket full of flowers in our café, encouraging people to take a flower and place it on any grave they wish to. This plan is relying on our power to kindle people’s emotions. We have amazing sales and marketing personnel in our team and we are confident that they will make the people hooked with this idea.”

Everyone nodded in approval. “This is a strange idea, I admit. But our team here will take full responsibility for consequences and losses”, I promised. Though I had not yet discussed such responsibility with my teammates yet, they nodded in agreement to my promise.

“Critisicms, negative journalism, and even any litigations, we are ready to handle”, I said and looked at the top official who had blurted insults at me earlier,” I notice that most of you people are in favour of this idea. Those who are not, must probably be so hung onto the orthodox way of things, or must be enjoying some serious benefit from the current situation. Either way, we will look into that and make it right”

“Well, that concludes it. As usual, we will have a poll for this idea monday morning, where you can grade the idea. The decision of the poll will be final. Have a nice weekend”, my boss said, adjourning the meeting.

Excited murmurs arouse from the crowd, and I looked at my senior rival and shot him a smile. His grumpy face said it all. I was going to win that damn poll.

Author's note:

I have tried to take a new turn with the story. I hope you guys like it.
I owe a ton of thanks to NehaKedar for encouraging me with her enthusiasm for the story.

Loads of love,
Sree