2- Thoughts

"I DON'T LIKE BETTY!" Ned was as red as the Spider-man suit.

"You mean you dislike her?" MJ loved teasing him because he always gets all nervous and starts shouting in a high-pitched voice.

"NO! I mean, I like her but I don't like like her, you know?" Ned said

"Yeah... That's a shame, because I'm pretty sure she's into you..."

The big guy's eyes lit up, a huge smile plastered into his face.
"What?! Really?!"

"Yeah...I think I heard her say that she thinks you are cute"

"Really?! Oh my god!"

"Why are you so happy? I mean... If you don't like like her" she added with a smirk.

"A-and I don't!" He clarified, blushing even more "I-i just can't belive that a girl like her is into ME"

"Yeah...whatever" after MJ said that, Ned joined Peter next to the lockers.

"Dude, why are you so red?" She heard Peter whisper.

"BETTY THINKS I'M CUTE!" he whispered-shouted in response, making Michelle choke.

"Really?! How do you know that?"

"MJ told me!"

"Oh... And did she said something about me?" When Michelle heard that she paralyzed. Had she heard correctly?

"Uhm...no? Why would she?" Ned was now confused.

"Because... N-nothing, it doesn't matter..." now Peter was the one who was blushing.

"Ok man, see you in Physics" after saying that, Ned got into the crowd of people.

From the other side of the corridor, MJ was confused.

Why did Peter wanted to know if I had talked about him? Is he into me? Does he know that I like like him? Damn, maybe he knows!, MJ thought, panicking. Ok, MJ, calm the fuck down! Maybe he doesn't know, right?  But what if he does know? Why doesn't he tell me he likes me if he knows that I like him back? And if he doesn't actually like me? And if he likes me but he doesn't know that I like him back? DAMN, I HATE LIKING PEOPLE!

While MJ was having a mental fight with herself, Peter was doing the same.

Why the fuck did I say that? Ned still doesn't know that I'm into MJ! I have to tell him... but what if he tells her? What if she already knows that I like her? SHIT! Maybe she heard that I asked Ned about her! Oh, man, why am I like that?! She obviously heard it! Peter was now terrified, Wait, but, what if she likes me back? HA! Stop dreaming Peter, she's way too cool for you!
With that last thought, he slammed the locker's door and got into the crowd.

When Peter walked past MJ, she tapped his shoulder, calling for his attention.

DAMN! I KNEW SHE HAD HEARD ME! Peter said to himself before turning around.

As soon as their eyes met, both of them knew what the other one was going to say. MJ decided that the middle of the crowd wasn't a good place to talk, so she pulled Peter to an empty classroom and locked the door.

"So... why did you bring me here?" He asked, trying to seem like he didn't knew a thing.

"Cut with the bullshit, Peter. I'm not stupid" she demanded, "why'd you wanted to know if I'd talked about you?"

"Uh... because I thought you forgot about the group project we had?" He said, more asking than stating.

MJ rose an eyebrow, showing that she didn't believe anything that he had just said. She waited some seconds before talking again.

"You know that I don't believe you, right?"

"Why not? I-i mean, it's not like I'm lying!" He argued.

"Again. Cut with the bullshit, Parker. I'm not an idiot. I know that you turn your statements into questions when you are lying. Just tell me the truth."

Peter started to get nervous.
"I-i asked because...b-because... um... I-i wanted to know if... if you were into me..." he stuttered, lowering his voice towards the end of the sentence.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OK IT'S HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! CALM DOWN MJ! BE COOL!
"And...and why'd you wanted to know that?" MJ was now with a lump in her throat and her stomach was twisted.

"Be-because..." Peter started saying.

JUST TELL HER! FOLLOW YOUR HEART! Peter's heart said.
DON'T BE STUPID! TELL HER WHEN YOU ARE SURE SHE LIKES YOU BACK! Peter's brain responded.
JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU TWO! he thought.

Before answering MJ's question, Peter sighed.
What more could I lose?
"It's because...I like you..." he finally said, looking at the ground.

HE SAID IT! SHIT! ABORT MISSION! He heard his brain say.

WHAT?! PETER BENJAMIN PARKER LIKES ME BACK? WHAT DO I DO NOW? I TELL HIM? I KISS HIM? I RUN AWAY? MJ was having a fight with herself.
"Oh...I...I..." she answered.

SCREW THIS!

With that thought, she threw herself into his arms and kissed him. At first he was surprised, but then he folded his arms around her waist and responded to the kiss.

When they let go, they pressed their foreheads together, still hugging each other.

"So... do you like me back?" He giggled.

"Peter... I'm in love with you since we were 14..." she confessed.

"REALLY?! Oh shit I'm so sorry!"

"What are you sorry for?"

"I'm sorry because you had to handle me when I liked Liz"

"Oof, yeah! That was a tough year!" MJ exclaimed, making Peter giggle.

"Do you want to...go on a date?" Peter asked, hopeful.

"Yeah, sure. Let's go to the cinema, around 7 pm, ok?"

"Ok..." he answered.

"See you in Physics, Peter" she said, walking to the door.

Before she reached to the handle, he grabbed her hand. "Wait! One last question"

"Yeah?"

"May I kiss you again?"

MJ smirked before answering. "Of course, Loser..."

With that said, they joined their lips once more, ignoring the ringing bell and the teacher and students' knocks.

A/N: Hey! I know that today isn't Saturday, but I was inspired 😂
Hope you liked this! Vote and comment if so!
Have a good day/night/evening! ❤
1027 words