Episode 5

The Light from Something Else

Kazuma's revelation to his fellow Wave members about whom Nao's daughter was married to had brought Sho to shout in the dance practice room.

"WHAT?!"

Yet, Kazuma smiled with his eyes closed, clearly amused at the youngest member's reaction. "Haha. Sorry. You asked, so I decided to tell you straight out. It's not a lie about the relationship between Nao's daughter and the Prince of Neon being married, along with their families being in-laws."

Sho felt embarrassed. He was flushed and felt his head steaming. "That also means that a direct descendant of the Royal family is in the Human World! Kazuma, isn't that worrying at all?"

Kazuma cocked his head to his right. "Really? I don't find it worrying if they've allowed him to stay here. Magicians have different rules for themselves, as well as for the very few human men who end up marrying a female magician."

Kyosuke shrugged calmly, bearing his usual smile. "There you have it, Sho. No need to argue when even our leader can't do much about how magicians operate."1

"Agreed," Yoshito said.

As Sho let out a sigh of resignation, the male dance teacher scurried into the practice room. He had black hair with long bangs parted in the middle. Sho and Ryota were once again reminded of how generic he looked for a young man who recently graduated from a university at the age of twenty-two. By generic, they thought of visual novel, manga, anime—essentially any fictional main or side male characters. The dance teacher even had deep brown eyes and seemed innocently at fault while he was dressed in a pale gray [very] short-sleeve T-shirt, revealing how close the sleeves were cut near his shoulders; a part of black and yellow striped sweatpants, red orange slip-on socks, and a pair of pebble gray shoes.

"Whew!" he breathed unsteadily and was nearly out of breath to begin with. "Hah... hah... Sorry for being tardy, boys... I ended up going past the time than usual."

"No worries," Kyosuke said. "How was your appointment?"

The dancer teacher placed his right hand over his left breast. "Not too bad, I suppose... My heart's doing alright, but the doctor told me I was lucky to not have an asthma attack."

Kazuma's visage had a grim expression. "Are you sure you don't want some time off to recover, Iizuka-san? You don't have to overexert yourself to come here if you're not feeling too well."

The dance teacher's eyes narrowed at the Wave leader. "I told you call me by my first name, Kazuma. And no, I'm not going to neglect my duties as your dance teacher. Wave has been placed under my care since day one of your training as a group. I made sure to help you all prepare for your debut when you guys were picked out by the President himself."

Ryota nodded. "We've been with you for over six years. Sho and I were thirteen at the time we met you, but we made a perfect Valentine's Day debut the following year, so we also celebrated Sho's fourteenth birthday afterward."

Sho laughed. "Ahaha! On my birthday of all days. It really was the best timing, huh? Every year the fans get overly excited compared to the previous years. All thanks to your dance instructions, Hinatairo-san."

Hinatairo nodded approvingly with his eyes closed. "Un, un. I'm glad you both remembered. Holidays are great for popularity growth." He opened his eyes, and his gaze pierced Kazuma with a hot passion in them to receive some acknowledgement. "Now, that shouldn't be difficult to address me informally by my name, isn't it, Kazuma? You're more formal to superiors and older people because you're the leader, but it shouldn't matter how you speak to me. Actually, I take that back. Only speak casually to me."