Episode 9

The Biggest Project to Debut

~June 12, 2029~

Wednesday. Star Promotion had decided this day of the week would be the best for Wave's variety show to premiere on ever since they become popular with fans all over Japan. Apparently, it would be a surprise episode, even for the members of Wave. Inside their dressing room, they conversed with one another with curiosity rising within them.

"New guests this evening, huh?" Sho asked. "It's been a while since we had anyone different appear."

"I'm so not looking forward to meeting the newbies when we've been working our asses off lately," Ryota groaned. He rolled his shoulders back to lessen his body pains. "I'm tired from the last drama I was in."

Yoshito said, "It's tough lifting people and carrying them on your back. You did a good job, though."

Ryota frowned at his band member. "Good isn't good enough. Having to act out a scene where the characters show how friendly they are with each other takes a lot of strength and endurance."

"Haha," Kazuma laughed. "There were a lot of guys who were casted too."

Kyosuke's lips curled upward. "Boy, you must've wanted some more girls to star in it."

"At least girls are nicer to be around, unlike some sexual predator here," Ryota retorted, narrowing his eyes at Kyosuke.

Kyosuke shrugged. "I'm hoping for our guests to be girls this time. Having guys around spoils my mood from the inside."

"Here we go again," Yoshito said.

"I guess... it doesn't matter who our guests turn out to be," Sho added. "We should welcome them so the fans don't get disappointed with tonight's episode."

"Aha," Yoshito directed at the youngest member of the group with a stare. "Sho, you're not being yourself."

Sho's eyes widened. "Huh? What do you..."

"Just now," Yoshito added, "you paused."

Kyosuke's eyes ignited with swift comprehension reflecting on the rest of his face. "So that's how it is."

Ryota's eyes narrowed. "Oi, Sho."

"W-What?" Sho asked.

"Are you hoping to see that girl again?" Ryota said.

Sho felt as though he was being backed into a corner by his best friend. He started to blush as he stuttered. "I-I... u-uh..."

Ryota glared with the wrath of who-knows-what. All he said was, "Choosing love over work at a time like this. You've got some nerve."

Sho put his hands out for his dear life. "W-Wait, Ryota! I-It wasn't intentional!"

Kyosuke wolf whistled. "Dear, me, Ryota. I didn't know you were in love with Sho!"

Ryota's glare instantly shifted towards Kyosuke. He bit his lower lip with every piece of rage he was mustering to hold back. "Don't. Joke. About. Me. You. Beast. As if I were in love with my best friend! I'll have you know I—"

"Oho~?" Kyosuke mused. "What were you about to say~?"

"Enough about me," Ryota grunted. He was fired up in a bad way, so he dropped everything to prevent anyone who was outside of the room from hearing him raise his voice.