Episode 8

Formation of a Rabbit Promotion Group

After a few seconds of pausing, Eri asked, "What other thing did you have in mind besides becoming an idol, Nanaka?"

Nanaka looked at her best friend. "It's not going to be simple. We'll need a few more people to join us, but Kaoru-san is an essential part of the group."

"I agree that Kaoru is our best bet to the Human World's entertainment industry," Eri added. "He's someone who has talent for this sort of thing."

"Hold on," Runa said with a worried frown. "There's no need to rush with what you want to do. It's better to think of other options before planning your career path out."

"Runa-san, it's not always about listing the other things someone can do," Nanaka said. "I trust Kaoru-san can help us."

"But..." Runa trailed off.

"You're a good older sister to me," Nanaka smiled. "I know you wouldn't go back on your word to support us."

Runa stared at her family member. Though she couldn't keep her sister-in-law to stay in the café for a long time, she knew she had to let go, even for a bit. She could have said something in response, but she waited another few seconds, at which the doors slid open.

"You're really in a lot of doubt there, aren't you?"

Runa turned around, still frowning. "..."

Kaoru stood inside the café as the doors slid closed, having returned from taking Teppei back to Rabbit Promotion. With his smile, he said, "Well, you're more human with those worries, Runa. Nao-san and Taiga-san's influence on you, I suppose. Even though you were also raised in Neon—as all magicians are—you're not what humans deem to be a 'half-breed' because magicians are fully magicians." He glanced at Nanaka. "Am I not correct that this is the knowledge we've had since any magician was born, Nanaka-san?"

Nanaka said, "We're magicians, after all. Runa-san just worries too much."

"See?" Kaoru told the white-haired magician. "It won't be long for the girls to become idols." He took a step forward, as there was someone else who walked in.

A female magician with long taffy pink hair [that went down to the top of her thighs] was there and the doors closed again afterward. She had wisteria eyes, wore a white kimono and lilac getas for her footwear. "I can't believe I just missed seeing the human man that was here."

"Sakura?" Nanaka uttered.

The taffy pink-haired magician's eyse lit up. "Nanaka-san! I just returned from my boyfriend's apartment to Ikebukuro. I heard from Dad that you were meeting with a human male today, so I went home and changed my clothes."

"It's good you're here, Sakura-san," Kaoru brought up.

Sakura blinked once. "Nn? Is something going on?"

Kaoru's smile hadn't changed at all for quite some time. "Well, it would be strange for there to be only two members in an idol group for our project, so why don't you join? Eri and Nanaka-san will be part of it, but three people..." He finally frowned at the thought of the number three. "...Three's a bit short since they'll be debuting in the Human World's entertainment industry."

"Me?" Sakura asked. "Won't it be a surprise if I was debuting as an idol?"

Kaoru smiled again. "Surprises are delightful, aren't they? It's not as bad as you think. Remember," his eyes twinkled brightly, "this should be a secret to those who are in the Human World."