Part 1

Matthew and I had just broken up. We were together for 6 years, but the magic of our relationship was gone...it had been gone for a long time now and both Matthew and I had come to terms with that. It was really hard, but there was just no other way. The relationship was over.

I was sitting on my couch, alone, thinking about what had happened. Suddenly I felt the urge to cry and that's what I did...I cried...I cried a lot.

I just wanted to call Matthew and tell him that I want him back and that I can't live without him... but that's a lie. That's not what I want. I wasn't happy with Matthew and that is why we broke up in the first place.

I had to talk to someone...someone that I loved and missed and really NEEDED right now...

I got up from the couch and grabbed my phone. I quickly dialled Joe's phone number... Calling an ex might not be the brightest idea, but Joe and I never stopped talking after we broke up. We were still pretty good friends and talked about everything...well almost everything.

Before I had the chance to rethink about what I was about to do, I heard a familiar voice on the other end of the line. It was Joe.

"Hi, Y/N! What's up? I didn't expect you to call at this time. Is everything alright?"

"Joe...em I'm great, thank you! Well, nah nothing's wrong I just wanted to hear you. So tell me how is everything?"

"That's great to hear! Well, I was just about to get into the shower. How's Matthew doing?"

Hearing his name made me tear up.

"Hm well em..." my voice cracked as tears started to roll down my face "...eh he's fine really..."

"Y/N? Hey what happened love? Do you want me to come over?"

"Well you don't need..." I didn't get the chance to finish my sentence, because he cut me off.

"Ok, I'm coming over. I'll be there in 15 minutes". He said and hang up.

God, am I stupid! I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't be troubling Joe with these issues. Not after everything I've done to him.

A few minutes had passed and I heard the bell ring. I got up, looked in the mirror just to see that I was a real mess, but Joe has seen me worse, so that's no big deal. I went up to the door and opened it. Joe was standing there with a concerned look on his face.

"Hey" he said and took me into a hug.
I immediately started crying.

"Oh Joe..." is the only thing I could say.

"Y/N what happened? You are scaring me..." he told me and took me into a tighter embrace.
I couldn't get a word out... I was just standing there...in his arms...crying my heart out.

"We broke up" I said silently.

"Oh Y/N I'm so sorry...Come let's go to the living room. I'll make us some tea. Blueberry tea... Your favourite. Ok?"

"Yes..." I shook my head affirmatively.

Once Joe sat me down on the couch, he rushed over to the kitchen to make me some tea. He was too nice to resist. A few minutes had passed and now Joe was sitting next to me with a cup of tea in his hand.

"Here take this." He said and handed me over the mug.

"Thank you." I said and smiled at him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me.

"No"
He seemed to be taken aback by my answer.

"Oh Ok" he uttered.

"I don't want to talk about it...because there is nothing to say, Joe. We both knew that this relationship was not going anywhere, so we ended it. We weren't happy you know. It's not that he doesn't love me or that I don't love him, but we just can't work things out anymore...and I'm tired of trying to make things work."

"Ok, Y/N, I get what you mean...so you won't get back together?"he asked.

"No, cause that's not what I want."

"And what do you want?"

"Well, I don't know."

He came closer to me. I was sipping on my tea and I was watching him closely.

"I will be by your side no matter what happens and you know that."he whispered into my ear.

"Yes, I know that." I said and I was breathing heavily at this point, because his mouth was so close to mine and I could feel his breath against mine. God, I missed him so much. I just wanted to kiss him.
I looked down to his mouth and said;
"Actually....I might know what I want."

"And what is that, Y/N?" He asked curiously.

"You." I said and kissed him passionately.

At first he seemed to be surprised by the kiss but after a few seconds he decided to indulge in it.

We were both lost inside the kiss. All our old memories came back to mind. We used to have so much fun. Why did we break up on the first place?

After a few minutes we broke the kiss off.

"Whoa" he said " I missed this so much. You know being friends was good and all, but this is something different." He chuckled.

" I can agree with you on that" I said and laughed. I bit my lip and looked him in the eyes.

"Oh, Y/N you are driving me crazy with that look. I could stare at you all fucking day."

"Hahahaha Joe" I laughed and kissed him again.

"So does this mean that we'll give this a second try?"

"Maybe..." I teased him.

His eyes glowed up and he hugged me.

"Y/N, you are making a man really happy today."