Part 4

Here's another request from oliewithoutideas. Hope you like it!
(This one will be from Joe's POV)

It was 3 a.m. and Lilly(my little daughter) was crying loudly. Since I was alone, I had to get up and look after her. She looks so much like her mother and I love her more than anything in the world. She's so sweet and she's the best thing that has ever happened to me. Even though I had to lose my beloved Y/N for her to come into this world, I still loved her so much. She was my baby, my daughter, my whole world.

It's hard being a single dad. Balancing my job at the university and little Lilly is quite a challenge. At times like these I wish Y/N was still around, not only to help me out, but also to be with her daughter. She was so excited to meet this little one, but she never got the chance to. She died from extreme haemorrhage while she was giving birth. My poor Y/N... she gave her last breath to bring my little treasure into this world.

As I was trying to put Lilly back to sleep, I started crying... as the days went by she started looking more and more like her mother. She would grow up to be beautiful and strong just like her.

After half an hour, she finally fell asleep, which meant that I could go get some rest as well. By now it was almost 4 a.m. and I had to wake up at 6 to get ready for work.

My alarm woke me up. I got up, took a shower, got dressed and went into the kitchen to make some coffee. I had barely gotten any sleep yesterday, cause I kept seeing Y/N in my dream.

I looked at the clock. 7.15

"Shit..." I said. The babysitter was late again. I had to leave in like 5 minutes if I wanted to be on time. I decided to call her.

"Good morning Natalie!" I said.

"Oh good morning Joe! Hey look sorry I'm gonna be late again..." she said.

"Ugh, fine I guess I can miss the 1st period, but please don't repeat this again.." I told her.

"Yeah yeah, I'll be there in like 20 minutes or so." She said and hang up.

I sat down on the couch and was just looking at the ceiling. God why did this have to happen to me? Things would be so easier if Y/N was still here...

25 minutes had gone by and the bell finally rang. I went up to the door and opened it. Thank God it was Natalie.

"I'm so so sooo sorry I'm late again, but something came up" she rushed into the living room.

"Well this better not happen again. I have students you know who are actually studying and can't miss any classes. This cannot happen again." I told her.

"Yeah, don't worry. Now leave cause you're gonna be late" she said and smiled at me.

"Ok, let me say goodbye to Lilly first."
I went into her room. She was still sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up, so I just kissed her goodbye and left.

After 20 minutes, I finally arrived at the University, where I was teaching a drama curse. The people there believed that it would be good if I, a kinda well known actor with some experiences in big productions, teached there.

The bell had already rang, so I rushed into my classroom. All the students were already there.

"Ehem so good morning everyone. Hope you all got some good rest and didn't do anything else last night." I said jokingly and they all laughed. "I'm talking about you mr. Whiteman." Who I knew was one of those kids who all the girls liked so they get laid a lot.

"Sooo today, I thought it would be a great idea to teach you a little something about theatre in ancient Greece and Rome." I proceeded to write the date on the white board, but I had forgotten what day of the month it was.