c h a p t e r - o n e

Maddie's P.O.V.

"Baby, I swear I'm gonna be back before you know it" My boyfriend, Michael tells me as I cry harder onto his chest.

We were just laying on our bed casually awhile ago, when the topic of their tour came up and now I'm already an emotional mess.

As you may already know, Michael is in a band called 5 Seconds of Summer, they are famous, and they also go on a lot of tours which gave them lesser time to spend with us or their families. And this time, we only have a month to spend. Which is probably a lot, but as the time goes by, you'll think of it as the shortest time you could ever spend with the one you love.

It just hurts to know that the person who means a lot to you is gonna leave for God knows how long. Sure, we've gone through this for a thousand times now and yet, the pain is still there, I'm still crying about how much I'm going to miss him, crying about how much I don't wanna lose him,

I mean, don't get me wrong, I know that Michael is a loyal boyfriend and I know that he would never cheat, but I just can't stop thinking about the things that could possibly happen when I'm not beside him like, what if he finds someone better? What if there's actually someone who can love him more than I can? The list of what if's goes on and on in my head and it's not stopping. But I'm not gonna tell him that.  He doesn't have to know about my insecurities.

"But... a year is a long time" I mumble and he sighs lifting my head up from his chest to look at me

"And you also know that no matter how much long that time is I'm still gonna come back to you and we will still be happy as ever" he said as he kissed my forehead and wiped my tears away, giving me a wide smile that I could have sworn was his way of stopping the tears that is now forming on his own eyes.

"Michael" the tears that I thought were now gone came rushing down my cheeks. I cried even more when I saw him finally let all of the tears go.

After a while we just sat there, crying and sobbing into each other's arms.

"I love you so much" he said, sobbing onto my shoulder.

"You don't know how much you mean to me. You're my life" I said now taking my face off of his shoulder that is now drenched with my tears

I faced Michael and he didn't waste any more time of kissing me. This one is probably the longest and the most passionate kiss we've ever had. Full of emotions, love, want and everything you could ever think of.

I can't even explain how much I love this guy, we've been in so much shit together, we've gone through ups and downs for the past 4 years yet were still here standing strong. Those years, our love for each other has grown into so much more that I don't think we could even express on words

After the long lingering kiss, we just looked into each other's eyes for awhile before Michael brought his lips back on mine.

And let's just say, that kiss kinda turned heated and also, that's why in the morning we find ourselves, under the covers, wrapped in each others arms, naked.