chapter 12

"you're really not sick anymore,for sure,,nagpapatawa ka na e,,"

he said while laughing.

"yeah,,and thank you,,sa pag aalaga sakin."

i sit down hugging my legs and look to the peaceful sea.

silence.

"yeah,,i remember that night when you're in delirious state,,you scream calling your mother,,"

napalingon ako sa kanya sa pagbanggit nya sa nanay ko.

he is now sitting also,,isang dipa mula sa akin..looking intently to my face.

"i did?"

"yes..so,,baka gusto mong magkwento,,im good listener,atleast."

he smiled at me,,yung comforting smile,,then i turned my gaze back to the sea.

"my mother left me,,us,,5 years ago,,she died of cancer,,"

silence.

reminscing that most horrified day of my life.

"she died in my arms,,i just got home from work,,and saw her almost unconscious lying on the floor."

just the moment i said that as if on que,it was flashed on my mind,,and the tears begun to fall from my eyes.

"she managed to say the last 3 words i heard from her,,that she loves me."

'mahal kita,anak.'

those words that keep haunting me since then,,because she never heard what i said,that i love her so much,,because after saying it her heart stopped,her eyes closed,her lips lined.

"i keep on calling her,shaking her,waking her up,,like in my dreams,she's walking so fast away from me,i can not keep up,,she can't hear me."

hindi ko napansin na humahagulgol na ako sa pag iyak,,yakap ang mga binti ko ng mahigpit,as if my very last lifeline at that moment,,while my eyes,so dumped from tears,was looking in the sea,,pero tila tagos doon ang aking tingin.

"she never and ever will heard that i answered back,,that i said 'i love you too,nay,so much',,because she's gone,,forever."

in that instant,never i did noticed,reynald was on my side,,and hugged me,,so tight,,whisphering soft comforting words,,

it took a while before i stop crying,,before my emotions came to normal.

and he never let me go.

"ehem!,,ahm!,,i think im ok now,,"

hesitantly he let me go and look in my face..still worried.

"are you sure?"

"yeah,,thank you."

"sally,,i know im not in position to say this but i think,i knew from my heart,,that you're mother heard you and she never did left you,,she's always there,watching you."

as i looked the sincerity in his eyes,from his words,i smiled,,relieved and believed in.

"now,," he gets up and help me get up too,, "lets have a race,,,ang matalo,syang magluluto at maghuhugas ng pinggan the whole day."

he challenged.

"game." challenged accepted

we positioned.ready to run.

"on three,,ok,," i said

"1,2,---" i cheated,,i run fast on the count of two..that's for him cheating on me to that 'sunblock portion',,now we're even.