Chapter 1

In the eerie darkness of the night, the fence that looks like a strains of golden yellow hair never seized to gleam from its distant like a cluster of stars that scatter all around the dark cloud. The fence; has always been a part of the landscape we grew to know, it's almost nonexistent when closely viewed, and like a string of wire from afar, close proximity to the fence from the outside knock the person right off his feet so we were told, No one has ever touched it's twice or step closer from inside except when the kingdom priest recite a specific incantation and lift the veil. Once every month the priest goes to the fence to restore and rejuvenate the fences shielding power, using the CITRINE stone supported on top of his staff that he carries around, for that the veil has to be lifted and fully armed soldiers are to be stationed there in case intruders try to attack  . The citrine stone brings happiness, joy and positivity in life and overall its protect our kingdom from any negative energy.

It's been days since we heard about the plague that traumatized the other kingdoms. The survivor who escaped through the fence during its rejuvenation said that the plagues have killed many people, it has swept their entire kingdom and nothing is left now.  He collapsed almost immediately and was shifted to the town healers hut just closed to the MAZHI Lake. Mama was also a survivor from a war that took place many years ago, and Babu my grandfather took her in as his ward. Mama doesnt remember much of her childhood except some hazy memories of them happily swimming in a big lake with some unknown people, that is why she enjoy sitting near the MAZHI lake except she cant enter the lake and swim as she always wanted because the water is said to be sacred, it carries alot of therapeutic effects, it is said to cure all ailment, The healer use the water from the lake to heal patients suffering from different ailment.

I sat on a rock close to the Peza the healer's hut wanting so much to catch a glimpse of the stranger, I always wanted to know how the people outside the fence look like; what they are like, color of their skin, is there skin also the hue of roasted coffee beans with blue eyes like the people here, or like mine and Mama's caramel skin color and maroon eyes? Or even something different? I stood up my curiosity taking a hold of me; I walked
toward the hut only to be stopped by the guards.

'Princess, am sorry, you are not allowed in there' he said bowing down his head and crossing his arm across his chest'

'Why I asked almost immediately'

  'Peza said the plague might be contagious so it's not worth the risk'

I glanced at him once again and then peeped through a hole on the green leopard skin that draped across the entrance of the hut; I couldn't see anything except the foul boils on his pale skin and foot.