Chapter 14 - The day after

I wake up and look over to Dizzy's bed which is empty.

"And she will be at Mal and Evie's"

I got ready and walked down to Mal and Evie's dorm. When I arrived I see Mal, Evie and of course Dizzy.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and I look back to see Jay hugging me with Carlos behind him holding Dude.

"SCARLET!" Dude jumps off of Carlos and jumps on me causing me to stumble backwards so I won't drop him.

"Ow... Hey Dude" I start patting his head and then I give him belly rubs.

We all sit down in a circle talking and having jokes. Meanwhile I have Dude in my arms sleeping.

Jane suddenly comes in "Carlos can I please talk to you?"

He looks at every one then back at Jane "Sure, be right back"

I wonder what that was about"

Carlos P.O.V

I walk out to follow Jane and I close the door behind me as I think she wants to talk in the hallways next to the boys dorms instead of the one I was in.

"What's up Jane?" I ask and she looks guilty for some reason.

"Jane?" I put my hands on her shoulders and I try and get eye contact with her but she's not letting me.

She looks down to her feet "Carlos, last night at the dance, I-I kind of realised t-that I don't      t-think I can continue..." she sighs "I-I don't think I can continue this relationship..." she starts to tear up

"What?" I feel awful "Why?"

I ask she looks hesitant to answer "Jane?"

"Because last night, while you were dancing with Scarlet, I was talking to Ned. He is the son of Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen and one thing lead to another and we kind of... kissed..."

she looked at me and I started to tear up.

"W-Wha-Why? Why would you do this to me? I haven't been anything but good to you"
I let a tear fall down my face.

"I'm so sorry Carlos" she goes to grab my hand but I pull it back towards me.

"The worse thing is, is that you could've told me before you decided to cheat on me. I would've taken this a lot differently if you had just told me that you don't want to be with me"
She looks shocked

"Who's said I still don't want to be with you?!"
I roll my eyes "Come on Jane. You seriously think you could kiss someone other than your boyfriend and still think you're going to stay his girlfriend?"

She starts to cry

"Well I thought you would've understood and anyway IT'S NOT A CRIME TO LOVE TWO PEOPLE CARLOS!"

"Don't you think I know that?! It might not be a crime but it gets you thinking and one way or another, it ends up breaking someone's heart!"
Jane's now confused

"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW THAT IF Y-"
She stops. "You love someone else don't you?"
I groan in frustration

"You've got to be kidding me right now!"

"How else would you know that if you didn't love someone else!?"

"Because it has happened before Jane!"

I sigh "I-I just can't. I'm sorry" I quickly wipe my eyes  and walk back into the dorm closing the door behind me.

I look at everyone who stops talking and looks at me.

"Carlos are you okay?" I look over to Scar who looks worried for me. I shake my head "I got to go, I'll see you guys at lunch"

I walk out and walk to the forest, Scar did say the forest was a good place to think.

Jay P.O.V

I see Carlos walk in and he looks like he has been crying. We all stop to look at him and then Scarlet starts talking "Carlos are you okay?" I look back at him and see him shake his head. I think I might know what has happened.

"I got to go, I'll see you guys at lunch" and he walks out.

I see Scar look at me with a worried expression and was about to say something until I stopped her.

"I'll go see what's wrong" they all nod and I got up to follow Carlos.

I walk into the forest to find him and I found him where I found Scar a while ago.

He is sitting in the middle of the bridge, crying.

I walk onto the bridge and sit next to him.

He quickly wipes his eyes and looks at his hands. I give him a pat on the back "Hey dude, are you okay? What happened?"

He looks at me and looks to the river a head.
"She cheated on me with Ned while I was dancing with Scar"

"Who's Ned?" I'm confused
"He's Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen's son"
I sigh

"I'm so sorry"