ii. YOU CAN'T GO ALONE

「 we built this city ;; starshipdon't get any closer ;; bebe rexha 」

don't get any closer ;; bebe rexha 」

☆彡

THE SMALL STUDIO was crammed with nine people and Freddie kept singing the same part of his verse over and over again — neither of those things were helping Stephanie's head ache. She sat in a chair next to Deacy and held her head in her hands as the song played for the billionth time.

"Don't you think I sound like shit?" Freddie asked but no one answered. "Can we try it again?"

He didn't bother to wait for an answer before walking back into the booth. The owner of the studio shrugged, "It's your money..."

Deacy rewinded the tape and pressed the play button. "It really is..."

Freddie began to sing again and the rest of them watched, well all except Roger and the newest girl he'd brought along to record with them — they were much more focused on one another rather than the task at hand. The smacking of their lips only infuriated Stephanie which added to the pounding in her skull. She sighed and slowly turned her head to look at the couple behind her. She shot them a dirty look before turning back around. The sensual snickering of the girl was enough to send Stephanie over the edge.

She inwardly groaned and laid her head back against the chair.

"You alright?" said a voice above her. Stephanie slowly opened her eyes to see Brian standing over her.

"Yeah," just laughed a bit and sat up in her seat, grimacing slightly as it hurt her head more. "My head is just pounding."

"Being in studio for hours on end does that to a person," he responded somewhat sarcastically before sitting in the vacant seat next to her. Without another word, Brian grabbed Stephanie's hand and began to massage the area between her thumb and index finger. The girl's confused look slowly washed away as her head ache began to fade.

"Where'd you learn that?" she asked with an arched brow.

Brian merely shrugged. "A magician never reveals his secrets."

His reply made Stephanie roll her eyes but laugh nonetheless. She smiled as she realised Brian had yet to let go of the girl's head, but she definitely wasn't complaining.

Roger couldn't help but watch the exchange from afar. As the girl he'd brought began to kiss his neck, he wondered when his friends had taken such a liking to each other. He couldn't remember them ever being close in that way, it was odd seeing them flirt so openly. There was a sudden bubbling of anger in his chest and he wasn't sure if it was from Brian and Stephanie get so close or from the girl who'd just sucked a deep purple hickey on his neck — something he'd always despised. Roger all but pushed the girl away, she sent him a confused look.

"It's better," Deacy commented as they listened back to the new recording.

"We need to get experimental."