four

"THEO" Madison's voice shrieked across the classroom, she cringed as the dragon's blood that he had flicked at her dripped from her nose, a smile on her face despite her attempt to stop herself from laughing. "I can't believe you"

Theo's stomach hurt from how hard he was laughing and despite the fact that the room was filled with chattering students he was still drawing attention to them both. Madison wiped the gooey substance from her nose, and then wiped it from the end of her fingertips right across her best friends face making them both erupt into a fit of more laughter.

"Okay, okay" Theo breathed, raising his hands in mock defeat "We're even now" he finished before his eyes focused over Madison's shoulder, meeting Draco's eyes. "I don't know what you've done to Malfoy, but if looks could kill you'd be fucked" he joked noticing the snarl spread across his face, aimed straight at the back of the girls head.

Madison turned around quickly, her eyes met his for the first time since what had happened a little over a week ago and it was only now that she'd realised that maybe he had been avoiding her. She felt guilty that she didn't notice the lack of his presence until now, he was technically speaking meant to be her friend and although they didn't care much for each other, she felt as though she should care at least a little.

"What are you staring at, Clearwater?" Draco's question brings her back from her thoughts, his face had a look of disgust on it, his eyes were narrowed and his arms were folded across his chest. This boy really did have more attitude than he deserved.

"Nothing that I'm fond of-" Madison's voice was cut off by the sound of Professor Slughorn dismissing the potions class.

Madison scoffed as her and Theo began walking towards the door, he was talking to her about the groups plans to go to the three broomsticks later that evening but Madison couldn't focus on what he was saying, she was distracted. Her eyes were following Draco.

He had walked ahead of everyone else, his blonde hair being the only thing that made him stand out from the crowd. But Madison noticed how he wasn't walking towards the Slytherin common room, which was odd considering they had no other classes for the day.

It was when Madison seen that he had turned left at the end of the corridor that her interests were spiked and she found herself muttering quick self dismissal to Theo before she was borderline running after him; making sure that he didn't fully slip from her sight.

She was silent as she walked, her robes flowing behind her as the brunette strands of her hair fell down onto her face. Malfoy was sure to check no one was following him causing Madison to hide in-between the large stone pillars on either side of the corridor.

Madison's eyebrows dipped slightly as she watched him make his was up a set of stairs she'd never seen before, in fact she wasn't so sure she'd even been to this side of the castle much at all during her time at Hogwarts. But without a second thought she continued to follow him, her breath was shallow by the time she reached the top, ducking so that she wouldn't be seen, her eyes peaking out to see what was there.

The room was small and there was an obvious draft coming through the large open window that was in front of her. Pillows were scattered on the floor of the room but aside from that there wasn't much else in the room at all, just Draco who stood tall in the middle of it.

His back was turned to her and he was looking at the view out of the window, a view Madison couldn't see from where she was couched. His shoulders lifted and fell in a blissful pattern as he closed his eyes and embraced himself in the silence.

Draco liked being in this room, being alone in the room more specifically.

He liked being away from everybody, at least when he was here no one was expecting him to act like some newly reformed man; because he wasn't.