Chapter 6

A/N: Thanks to everyone who has been reading and voting for my story! It's much appreciated! Please, leave more comments though. It'd mean a lot as well. Here's chapter six, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

"So I'm guessing it went well! Come on, tell me everything!" Eva said excitedly.

Nikki laughed, readjusting her phone against her ear as she loaded her laundry into the washing machine. "It went amazing," she gushed. "He... he listened to me, Eva. He hung on my every word. And he wasn't just pretending to be interested, either, because I practically tried to jump him when we got back to my house and he turned me down. But-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, you what?" Eva asked, cutting her off. "You tried to-"

"Yes, all right?" Nikki snapped. "But that's not the point. The point is that he's different. He really cares about me, Eva! And I really like him.."

She could hear the smile in her best friend's voice. "I'm glad," Eva replied. "Really. But, about more important things... when are we going to hang out?"

Nikki laughed. "Well- hold on a second. I've got another call." Her eyes widened at her phone. "It's him! I've got to call you back, okay?"

"You sound like you're 15," Eva said with a chuckle. "All right, you brat, but you'd better call me!"

"I will, I will," she promised. "Bye!" She quickly switched calls so she didn't miss him, her heart almost skipping a beat. "Hello?"

"Hey!"

Nikki's heart swelled; he sounded as cheerful as ever, and part of her was still a little surprised he'd called as promised. "Hi," she replied sheepishly, quickly ashamed that she couldn't come up with anything better to say. "What's up?"

"Not much," he answered. "I just finished working out. I was wondering, if I wasn't too much of an asshole last night, if you might want to... I don't know, get lunch with me or something? Maybe after the house show. My treat, since you paid for lunch last time."

She could imagine his crooked, enticing smile on the other end of the line. "No, Seth, you weren't an asshole," she informed with a chuckle. "Of course I'll have lunch with you."

"Great, is tomorrow good?" He asked hopefully.

"Yes, it's great! I'm free.." She curled one leg under her as she sat on the edge of her bed. A smile spread across her face; this was really happening. He wanted to see her again. The loneliness that had plagued her since her last breakup had surely scarred her for life. But, her new life was really beginning. "So, where are we going?"