Chapter 5

That night, Nikki had the time of her life. Seth had taken to a fancy Italian restaurant, which was highly expensive; but he could afford it. He watched has Nikki ate another piece of shrimp.

"This is so delicious!" Nikki said with a dreamy sigh, taking a sip of her wine that was almost downed by the time she set the glass down. "I know, right? All of the food here is amazing." Seth inquired, taking a small bite out of his salad.

As the two chatted over dinner, finding out that they had so much in common, she couldn't help the butterflies that were dancing around in the pit of her stomach. Seth was just so irresistibly charming. And it seem as though he hung onto her every word, and that made her like him even more.

"I had a great time tonight," Nikki told him as they reached her door. Then she chuckled. "I know that sounds so stupid and cliché, but I had to say it. I haven't had a night out like that in a long time."

"I'm glad I could show you a good time," he said, smiling back.

Her heart started beating faster and faster as she looked up at him, and she bit her lower lip nervously. She'd never felt so bold and confident, and yet so scared at the same time... but she knew if she didn't get the words out, she'd never say it. "Who said it has to end?" she whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Nikki-" he started, but before he could say another word, she pressed her lips against his.

The electricity that jumped between them was almost too intense. He couldn't help himself; he had to respond to her, his arms sliding around her waist as he kissed her back. She leaned back against her door, tilting her chin up to capture his lower lip between her teeth. A low growl rumbled in his throat and he pulled her tight against him, hungry for her. Oh, how he needed this... needed her. She was so beautiful and, for some reason, mesmerized by him. His hands descended lower on her hips, thumbs hooking through the belt loops of her jeans... and then he stopped, pulling back.

"Seth?" she asked, looking up at him with concern.

He ran a thumb over her cheek. "I had a great time tonight too," he said, "but I think I should go home."

"Okay," she said dejectedly, looking down as he stepped back. I screwed this up, she thought. I knew it. I moved too fast or too slow or something. Or I was too clingy. I knew-

"Goodnight," he told her, planting a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"Goodnight," she whispered back as he walked down the hallway. She turned to unlock her door, planning on calling up Eva as soon as she got out of these clothes, she couldn't wait to tell her friend how much she was sure she screwed up tonight.