Chapter 12

~Crystal's POV~

I stood outside the door and took a deep breath. I set the phone camera on video because I knew I was going to get yelled at. I slowly walk in the door and quietly close it. When I turn back around my aunt is standing right there. I set my phone down on the counter to were it looks at us but she won't be suspicious.

"Were on earth have you been?!" She yells at me.

"Hanging out with friends because you kept me inside all weekend" I said sassily.

"You do not have that tone with me missy!" She yelled and smacked me across the face. A small smile appeared on my face. Phase 1- Check!

"What are you smiling for?" She asked

"Oh, I just can't wait to see the day were you're behind bars for hitting your own niece." I said as if it were nothing.

"Like anyone would believe you!" She said.

"You're right. Who would believe little ol' me" I said and grabbed all my stuff and headed upstairs.

When I got in my room I sent the video to Preston. He takes Phase 2 from there. Editing. It'll all make sense later.

~Next Week~(Nothing really happens besides homework and a few beatings)

Today was my mothers funeral. This is the day my aunt well be sent to jail. This is the day I'm set free.

Everyone was there plus some of my moms work friends. There were also police there because one of them knew my mom. I was sitting by the guys and girls waiting for the moment. I go up there to speak.

"Hello everyone. My mom was an amazing person. She always tried so hard to get the money she needed for the both of us. Raising me by herself. She was strong, confident, smart, and overall an amazing mom. When she died, I thought I was going to an orphanage because I thought I had no family left. But I was wrong. My mom had a sister that I never knew about. I thought my life would be the same, having someone to care for me and love me. I was wrong again. Please watch these few videos." I said and Preston started the projector.

There were videos that I took throughout the week of her hitting me. I look out to the crowd of people seeing my aunt trying to slip away.

"Get her!" I yell. The police grab her and put her in hand cuffs. "Guess who believes little ol' me Aunt Ruth" I said smiling as she was taken away.

The rest of the funeral went on as normal. I told the police I was staying with friends and that I didn't need to go to the orphanage.

I was free from her. I got to live with my best friends.

~ So 1 more chapter of THIS book!

I am making a sequel because you guys wanted it

So sorry that it's been way over a week or 2.... I don't even remember.

~Taylor💜