Mistletoe

Denny

I finish hanging the last sprig of mistletoe over the entrance to the kitchen and stand back to survey my work. I'm pleased with it.

Now I just hope Robin likes it.

The door opens behind me and she walks in, loaded up with stuff from the bakery. I help her with her things, smiling like an idiot while I wait for her to notice what I've done.

I quickly move back to the entryway so I'm standing right under the mistletoe. When she comes up beside me, I grab her and kiss her eagerly, enjoying the little giggle that slips from her as I dip her.

She's still giggling when I bring her back up. "Hi," she says, blushing happily.

"Hi." I grin and lead her to the next sprig of mistletoe, then kiss her the same way again.

She keeps giggling and smiling and blushing as I lead her to each archway on the lower level of the house, kissing her the same way over and over again.

Finally, we've reached the last one. She's clinging to me tightly, hardly able to stand, barely able to breathe. She looks up and sees the mistletoe and shakes her head playfully. "What's that for?" she gasps.

"Now you have to kiss me every time we go to a different room," I declare proudly.

She supports herself against my chest and gazes up at me lovingly. "Denny, all you had to do was ask," she points out.

I shrug. "Well. Just in case."

She squeals in delight as I kiss her and dip her again.

I plan to make the most of all my hard work.