Sled

Robin

I sit on the sled in front of Denny, holding onto his arm that's clasped tightly around my waist. The hill we're on isn't very big, but I'm a little freaked out anyway.

"It's okay, babe," he whispers in my ear. "I've got you."

"Like you had me when we went ice skating?" I counter.

He chuckles. "We're closer to the ground this time," he points out.

"We better be. I could be pregnant, you know."

I feel him smile against my cheek. "We'll come back next year and bring our little guy or gal," he promises. "Family Christmas tradition."

"Better start before we freeze, then," I tease.

He grins and pushes us off with his heels, pulling his feet onto the sled. I shriek excitedly as we slide down the hill, giggling loudly when we come to a slow, gentle stop at the bottom.

"See? Much better than the ice skating." Denny hugs me, slipping his hand protectively over my belly.

I nod in agreement. "Much better."

Denny grasps my chin in his fingers and turns my head so we can kiss. "I really hope you are," he murmurs.

"It will happen, Denny," I assure him. "It might just take some time, is all."

"I know. I just want it to be sooner rather than later." He brushes his nose over mine tenderly, his fingers drawing circles on my stomach.

"Me too, Denny." I kiss him again. "I love you."

"I love you too." He glances back up the hill. "Can we go one more time?" he asks, batting his hazel eyes at me.

I tap the tip of his nose with my finger. "We can go as many times as you want, Denny."

He grabs me and carries me back up the hill, dragging the sled behind us as we both laugh happily.