Satan

I am gonna save the bullshit. i hope you enjoy. thats it.

 Megan's POV

Now it was not like I had insomnia or anything but there was something about the night that I was completely in love with - the silence, the streetlights visible from my window in a completely dark background, the cool breeze - ugh I loved it. There was something so freeing about it. I wished the world functioned in the opposite time.

I know it's kinda dumb but look at the sky... its dark.

Just like my soul ...

Hahaha self five! Damn I am funny . . .

I grinned to myself like an idiot. And  this is what pulling all nighters almost everyday does to your brain.

Get yourself together.

It was 5:59 am and the alarm on my phone was going to go off any second.

"Could dress up to get love,

To get love

But guess what?

I am never gonna be that girl

Who's living in a Barbie world"

There. It was time to get up but I was too lazy and I loved that song, so I started humming, eventually singing along loudly, completely forgetting that I was sharing my room with someone.

"What's the point of setting up an alarm when you know you're not gonna sleep?" my dorm-mate Kate asked, annoyed.

Oops.

I was indeed singing very loud, all nighters somehow seemed to mess with my hearing as well. Like, I usually didn't listen to music that loud but somehow the volume was maximum everytime I listened to it early in the morning after pulling an all nighter. 

I believed it was because you wanted to keep your brain working and awake.

"Kateee, I am so sorry." I apologised, feeling slightly guilty. Although this was happening probably third time in a row but Kate never once complained about it. "You can go back to sleep, still one hour left." I added softly. 

Stretching my limbs I try to clarify, "I try to sleep, you know? the struggle is real. It's like everytime I close my eyes I feel like I am missing out on something. I want to wake up and do something productive and . . . you are already asleep." 

Okay!

Well it was time for me to get up and get going to the gym anyway. Now I wasn't the gym junkie types but on days like these I liked getting some exercise done  to wash away the lethargy that came with pulling an all nighter.

Quickly after brushing my teeth I changed into my sweats and my sports bra, grabbed my jacket and headed out.

It was the beautiful season of autumn and my second week at my dream university. I loved autumn and also the fact that college started in that season. Nothing spoke 'new beginnings' better than Autumn. As the old and dull leaves shed and piled up under the trees and gave way to new, young and vibrant green leaves. I loved to jump on the brown scattered leaves and hear the 'scrunch' sound. I loved to wear hoodies with shorts. I loved to feel the sun on my skin so I did exactly that. I stood in front of the gym, closed my eyes and faced towards the sun, relishing the warmth of it. I felt goosebumps on my skin almost immediately.

Did I tell you why I loved not sleeping at night?

Here is another reason. The sunrise. It was beautiful. Now again, I was not one of those nature loving people who have deep thoughts about life and stuff . . . But I loved to see the transition between the dark sky to the orangish and then to the bright yellow sky.It was simply one of the most beautiful things that people often ignored or were too bust to notice.