Chapter: 4

I may have screamed at the top of my lungs. I glanced over at Aggie. She had her mouth open. I took this as a chance.

"Aggie, close your mouth or you'll catch flies," I laughed. I could make her as mad as I wanted. She couldn't do anything about it anymore!

She probably didn't want to seem like an idiot at this point so she tried to save herself.

"What is it, Tommy?" she asked.

"Tickets to England!"

"W-W-What?!" Then something hit me. 

"Hey, parentals?" They turned to me. "What about Aggie?" 

"What about Aggie?" Mom asked. 

"I mean, where is she gonna go?" 

"Yeah. Mrs. Wells, where am I gonna go when you leave?" Haha. When we leave! Wait. Why were we leaving?

My mom was just about to answer Aggie's question when I interuppted.

"Mom? Why the sudden 'we're moving to England' thing? Where did this come from?"

It was my dad who answered this time.

"Well, we've been transferred again."

"Yeah but you get transferred like, every year. Why are you taking me this time?"

"Tommy, we've also been promoted. We get to do work from our own offices in England. And this time, it's permanent. So we'll be home a lot, and we were thinking, you're thirteen now, and you don't need a nanny to take care of you everyday," my mom said.

Aggie was speechless.

"Wha- what-, but you- you hired me 'cause I had nowhere to go.  I still don't," Aggie protested.

That was true. Aggie was looking for a job because her parents died and forgot to put her in the will so she was homeless. My parents not only gave her a job, but also a place to live. She had nowhere to go back to.

"Well, Aggie since when we hired you, we promised that we would take care of all your expenses and we would give you a place to stay, we're leaving the house with you and the bills will come to us every month. Just no crazy spending though," Dad said.

Oh well. It was better than having her come with us. At least she couldn't hurt me in England.   Then I looked at the date on the ticket.

We were leaving next week.

"Uh, Mom? This ticket says December 31st.  That's in six days. How exactly am I gonna get packed in that time?" I was mentally freaking out. 

"Honey, go upstairs," Mom said.

"Oookay?" I said as I walked up to my room. When I opened the door, I saw that there was nothing in my room but the walls, an empty bed and three suitcases. Oh. My. God.  They packed everything when I was asleep. I guess I was just so tired I didn't even see the lack of items that were not in my room. 

I sat down on my bed just staring at the tickets for maybe three hours. I looked at my parents and they looked slightly different though I couldn't tell why. Then I saw something that differentiated the tickets. There tickets were or flight 207. Mine was for flight 278. Meaning I would be flying on a different plane than them.

Alone.

With random people who could potentially hurt me.

This is gonna be fun.

We're all gonna die.