Chapter: 5

"Tommy, get in the car we're going to be late!" my dad called from the living room. Ok. I had everything. I had thrown my backpack and binder out, seeing as how... I WAS SWITCHING SCHOOLS!!! Ok. Calm. Calm.

Deep breath. Hwoo.

"Coming!" I called back down. I ran frantically down the stairs, and fell flat on my face. I raised my head and shouted "I'm okay!!!" and put up two peace signs. My mom looked at me like I was insane then walked out the door carrying her many bags. I hopped up and grabbed mine from the foyer, then looked around. You can really get a lot done in six days if you tried. There was nothing left. No furniture, no paintings, no... well there were never any pictures.

Go figure.

The only things that were left was the fridge, the TV and one couch, bsedies the things that were still in Aggie's room. Ha. They said she could still live here. Doesn't mean she gets everything she had before. 

Anyways...

I put up one more peace sign and walked out my door for the last time.

Goodbye Maryland.

Goodbye Aggie. 

Goodbye freakishly evil life. 

As I walked outside, Mrs. Callihan from across the street called out to me.  "Good luck, sweetie!"

"Thanks!" I yelled back. Good luck? I wouldn't need that. What could possibly go wrong?

***

Eight Hours.

Eight stinking hours on a tiny plane to the London Airport. And just wait. It gets better. The second I got on the plane I had to make my way through a small isle to my seat which happened to be between a fat guy and a girl who looked about twenty. She had short black hair with purple tips. She was wearing all black and she had a nose ring. I could tell just from her demeanor that she wasn't gonna talk to me the entire time. Thank gosh.

"Hi, I'm Jenny!" Oh no. Her voice was even higher than the plane (Haha) and she seemed too perky to match her appearance.

"Um, hi? Tommy-" I got cut off.

"Oh my gosh, don't you just love planes? I LOVE them! I just love it when my ears pop and the plane goes to the right and your stomach feels like its flying and takeoff is my absolute favorite part! And when-" I eventually just zoned her out. The fat guy seemed to be not much of a problem. He just kept his personal space with his headphones in. Occasionally he'd asked me a question like why am I going to London, or where I lived before, but other than that, the ride was pretty uneventful. I fell asleep after the first two hours. 

It was the fat guy (his name was Jim) who woke me up. 

"Tommy, We landed," he said.

"Thanks, Jim." He nodded.

As I walked out of the terminal, I could hardly see where I was going. There were so many people. I tried to make my way through them but after a half an hour, I didn't seem to be making much progress, so I just sat down on one of the chairs until the crowd dispersed. That took about three hours considering there was some convention going on and they were all in line for the same exact plane. 

    When there was finally enough room to move I went and got a bacon, egg, and cheese wake-up wrap from Dunkin' Donuts across the hall and got back to my seat. I sat there not knowing what to do. I had to wait for my parents' plane to get here and who knows how long that could be. They never gave me the landing time. Oh well. I'll just stay here then. 

    About ten minutes later, a woman came out of a set of wooden doors and called for everyone's attention.  This should be good, I thought. 

    "Excuse me, everyone," she called. She waited for everyone to be quiet before continuing. "Unfortunately, due to mechanical difficulties and engine malfunction, flight number 207 has, in fact, downed in Southern Ireland. A list concerning the passengers on the flight will be up periodically, but at this time there are no known survivors."