Luna

Luna

Amidst this sea of people, there was you smiling like it was the best thing you could do. Your hair was moving along your hips as you dance to the beat of the music. The music was deafening and so was the beating of my heart. I never thought that my heart was capable of beating this fast and I never thought that someone as beautiful as Helen or Psyche or Venus was standing right before my eyes.
Your skin was pale white that I couldn't stop myself from wondering how soft it was. Your hair was as dark as your eyes but it never made you look so intimidating for these features of yours pulled me nearer instead. All of a sudden, I wanted to grab your hand and took you away from here but I also didn't want to oust that smile on your lips as you move as if the world was nothing but your mere playground.
"Hey"
I snapped back from reality and realized that I was staring too much.
"What are you looking at?" Ash took a glance on where you and your friends were but you were no longer there, "Found your new target?"
He laughed at me but I ignored him and wondered where you went. The place was filled with so many people and there were so many faces that were hard to remember. I know, that wasn't what I need. My eyes were only looking for you-longing for your smile.
"I'll go get some beer," I shouted at Ash so he could hear.
He nodded at me and asked me to get him one too but God knows I'll never come back. My priority right then was to look for you in that sea of hundreds of party animals.
I wanted to stop the time or ask those people to move away just so I could see you, for the possibility of finding you with all those people was so difficult. However, the idea of not finding you or not even trying to find you was unbearable. It would haunt my dreams. It would haunt me forever.
I tried to look for you in every corner. I tried to ask people about you but they would always lead me to a different girl who they thought was pretty but wasn't even an inch prettier than you. Your beauty was so peculiar and it was moving. Looking at your face was never different from reading To Kill a Mockingbird for nth times-it made me shiver out of fascination.
The place was huge but my feet weren't tired. I knew, in my heart, that I would find you and I'd ask for your name. I know we'd shake hands and I'd tell you how your dress fits you. I knew after this night, we'd meet again perhaps in Starbucks when you were buying yourself a coffee or in the Department Store. I know we'd meet again and I'd get to see your face under the sunlight and I would long for you even more.
But I didn't found you.
The party was about to end. I didn't even get myself and Ash some beer. I was so tired but not because of dancing.
I sat behind the counter where I asked the bartender to pour me some drink. I'd let alcohol drown myself in regret. I fixed my hair so that it wouldn't cover my face and just watched the crowd as they go wilder. Perhaps, it could've been better if I just danced and enjoyed the night instead of looking for a girl.
I laughed with that realization.
"It's pretty. Isn't it?"
I took a glance at the woman sitting beside me staring at the wild crowd.
"This is what I like about parties-not being part of it but just staring at it-you get to see the smiles of other people," she chuckled and looked at me, "and that's enough to make you smile too."
The world literally stopped and in a snap, your voice became my favorite song-soft as your genuine smile. I didn't even know how I will react. It seemed like my muscles stopped working. I could feel my heart skipped a beat.
"Iris, by the way," she held her hand.
We shook our hands and when our skin touched, I knew the night couldn't get any better. So, I smiled at her and told her my name.
"Nikki."
"Oh well, Nikki. I like your dress, it fits you," she smiled.

Reach us here:

Facebook | @e.pleuvoir
Instagram | @E.Pleuvoir
Wattpad | @EosPleuvoir
Gmail | eospleuvoir@gmail.com