Chapter 1: From Hell And Beyond

Does It Really Last Forever ?

Hi, I'm Eboney and I'm the kinda girl who keeps to herself, is very shy, quiet, awkward, weird and doesn't have but one friend who hates her guts and uses her. Basically a loser.

It was just another miserable day at school. Nothing new. I sat in the cafeteria. Alone. Like always. Across from the table where I sat, was my "best friend" Darcy. I sat there watching Darcy and her two friends Katelynne and Molly talk away. It hurt me a lot. I felt betrayed. Even though Darcy used me and hated me, I didn't care because I still consider her my best friend. I don't know what happened to us. She just kinda pushed away from me and started to hang out with Katelynne and Molly. And don't forget about Melanie and Jennifer. My bullies. They were the popular girls in school. You know, the preppy type. The prettiest girls in school who had every guy in the school drooling over them. Of course, they just had to pick on the weakest in the school and that would be me! They couldn't go one day without making fun of me, it was a hobby of theirs. They enjoyed it! And I guess Melanie was kinda like the ring leader, because Jennifer did whatever she told her to do. I called her The Queen Of The Preppy Bitches.

As Melanie and Jennifer walked in to the cafeteria everyone got quite. After they were seated, the noise picked up again. Most of the time I kept my head down, so I wouldn't be noticed and you know bothered. I slowly brought my head up to see what was going on. I observed the room. Nothing much. Just the casual talking, laughing. I turned and glanced at everyone behind me. My eye caught Melanie and Jennifer looking my way. I thought "oh shit!" I never made eye contact with them. Because if they saw the fear in my eyes, they would pick on me even worst. I saw that Melanie and Jennifer got up and were walking towards me. My heart started to race, I got extremely nervous, I felt uncomfortable. I knew what was coming.

Melanie and Jennifer came up to me and started to smile. I knew that smile that meant the had something up their sleeve. Jennifer said in a sweet innocent tone "Eboney lets go for a walk." I stuttered "I-I-I'm n-not t-that m-m-much in t-the m-mood for a-a walk." Melanie looked at me and I could she the evil in her eyes. Melanie said in a demanding tone "Get. Your. Ass. Up. NOW!" I quickly stood up. Melanie looked at Jennifer and whispered something to her, I couldn't really make it out. But Jennifer smiled and nodded. That made me worry even more. All I thought was "what are they gonna do?" I'm like really scared and anxious. Being around them is making me extremely nervous. Because obviously they scare me. A lot. Jennifer looked at me and said "follow us." I had no choice but to. I had to play it cool and follow them because I didn't want to make a scene in the cafeteria and have them embarrass me in front of everyone. No I couldn't let that happen. I slowly walked behind Jennifer and Melanie. They led me out of the lunch room and out of the back of the school. As soon as we got outside Melanie pushed me up against the wall. Jennifer smiled. Melanie walked up to me and at first she just stood there. Then she moved a little closer towards me. She made me feel uncomfortable and weak. Completely helpless. I was horrified. I looked towards Jennifer. Jennifer looked back at me and said "hit her Melanie." I looked back at Melanie and she had her hand raised ready to hit me. I flinched.

Melanie moved my hands and said "don't flinch or it'll be much worst." Melanie raised her hand again. She swung and hit me right across the face. I balled up in the corner. Feeling venerable. Melanie looked towards Jennifer and said "come on Jenn, get her." Jennifer came toward me and both of them just started to wail on me. I flinched and tried to cover my face. Flinching up I felt helpless, venerable, weak and numb. I didn't dare look up at them. I heard Jennifer say "come in Melanie, lets go before we get caught." I waited to look up. After I knew they were gone. I sat there sobbing. Feeling worthless. I heard the bell ring. That meant lunch was over, I slowly got up. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and walked back in to the school. I was thinking about ditching. But the security guard stopped me. I thought "could this day get any worse?" The security guard asked "where are you suppose to be?" I tried to say something but she just kept yelling. She said "why aren't you in class?" I didn't answer. Because I knew if I said something she would yell even more, she was the bitchy security guard. She said "come on, your going to the office." She grabbed a hold of my arm. And pulled me all the way to the office. As we walked in to the office, I yanked my arm away. She said to the secretary "this one, ditching." Then she walked out.