Chapter 9

A/N: Last chapter was disappointing and that was the shortest I have ever done...So to compensate for that short chapter I have decided to have a little background for all of the characters. and the First one is our beloved ice cream lover, KAITO!!!! 

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]   

KAITO'S POV  

After Gackupo stopped sulking and everything, I noticed Rin and Len somewhat grew closer but the way they were whispering something to each other it irked me. So I did the most natural thing, I went home.

I opened the door to our home and as usual it was empty again. No one comes home, my parents' whereabouts are unknown so I don't know if they're still alive or dead and as for my sister, she always works late at night. Sake bottles were thrown all over the floor. I sighed as I picked them all one by one before putting them in the trash bin.

I turned around and saw that the house was now partly clean, it was good enough than a dirty house full of beer bottles. I sighed and went up to my room, took a towel and got extra clothes. I'd rather take a bath than look at this place...its too cold and empty. 

When I entered the bathroom, I heard the front dorr click and footsteps walking inside. I didn't bother to check who it was, I know there's only one person to enter this empty home is my older sister and legal guardian, Meiko Shion but she changed her name to Sakine Meiko to ensure of my protection. She always worked hard to earn money so we could pay for my tuition and for the bills. Well maybe after my bath, I could get chocolate ice cream...that sounded nice.

"OI~! KAI-CHAN~! ARE YOU HERE~?"

I sighed and shouted back "I'm here taking a bath!"

"REALLY? YOU WANT ME TO WASH YOUR BACK FOR YOU?"

I blushed "N-NO!" I stuttered only for me to sink a little deeper in the water when I heard her laugh downstairs.

Really...I loved my sister but sometimes she would tease me like that and I would get angry at her. I envy Len. He's rich, he has lots of friends, and he has a family...a parent to be exact. Where did everything go wrong?

<><><><><><><><><><>Flashback(Third POV)<><><><><><><><><><><> 

A beautiful woman with brown hair in the age of 30, smiled down at her son "Now Kai-kun, You better behave while Mama and Papa are gone okay?"

Kaito -in the age of 5- looked up at his Mother, smiling brightly "Mhm!"

The Mother smiled return before letting go of her son. This time a man with dark blue-hair kneeled infron of his son making them eye-eye "Now Kaito, You better not cause your nee-chan any problems and we better not get any phone calls from school"

Kaito puffed out his cheeks "Kai-kun won't be like that! Kai-kun will behave, Kai-kun promises!"

The man laughed loudly before ruffling his son's hair affectionately. He turned to look at hid older daughter and stated seriously "If anything happens to me and your Mother...you better take care of Kaito"

Meiko nodded, in the age of 15, she was very mature for her age. Kaito and Meiko waved goodbye to their parents as they drove away to the airport. They didn't knew what next would happen and how hard life would get for them...

~XXX~

 Kaito waited for his parents to come back from their trip. Everyday, after school, he would stay out on their porch and wait in anticipation. Everyday it was like this. Meiko started getting worried about her little brother, even when he was sick, he would go outside and wait for them. Days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. Still, Kaito waited for his parents to come back. The little money his big sister earns is about to be consumed. Their neighbors took pity in them and gave them food and money to help them survive. Three days later, a letter arrived.