008

today's post-it note was bigger than the usual size of the notes. the normal baby blue piece of paper could fit in my pocket, but this one could hardly fit in the size of my palm. nonetheless, the writing managed to be even smaller than usual despite the larger paper size, the rose calligraphy bleeding into the baby blue hues straining my eyes.

"they say you appear more attractive when looking in a mirror than you actually are.

and in that case, i'm ultimately and utterly balled.

it makes me really upset when i look at people on instagram or twitter who are just absolutely stunning and all the comments are so sweet and supportive because i just know nobody will ever look at me the same way.

it's sad, isn't it? how disgusting the human race really is. people are judged by their looks and how 'beautiful' society views them. it's essentially win the gene lottery or 'cheat' looks with plastic surgery to be beautiful. only when you're society's definition of 'beautiful,' will you be treated like you are worthwhile in the eyes of others. nothing about who you are really matters in society's eyes: your skin colour, sex, and subjective physical appeal are all that dictates how people treat you upon first impression. if you were born with a certain skin colour, you are more likely to be threatened or shot for no reason other than your goddamn melanin. if you were born a certain gender, you're more prone to being sexually and verbally assaulted by objectifying monsters.

it's funny how we get so caught up in trying to find beauty in ourselves. after all, the world really isn't all that beautiful because of us. so none of us are beautiful.

(gloss as in lip gloss?)

-my JK"

the note looked more passionate than usual. dotted i's appeared to indent the paper, letters slurred together at negatively connotated words. it felt so full of hatred.

"fuck what society says. who gives a shit if other's see you as attractive? attractive people have it harder, really. they have to deal with the burden of genuine ugly dumbasses thinking they have the right to say whatever they want to them and treat them like they're not human because their opinion is what deems them as worthwhile.

physically 'ugly' people get to cruise through life doing whatever the fuck they want because society already doesn't give a shit about them. you know, if a tree falls in the woods and nobody heard it, did it ever fall? if nobody looks at you, did you really do the dumb shit that's not socially acceptable?

but whether you're deemed by society as ugly or pretty, it doesn't fucking matter in the long run. everyone will die anyways, and nobody makes a beautiful decayed corpse.

(yes. lip gloss is fantastic.)

-MY G"

i grab my ice tea and take a sip, drink as bitter as post-it note boy's outlook on humanity.